Ibanez GSA60

GSA60, STC-Shaped Guitar from Ibanez in the GIO SA series.

• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Ibanez GSA60

• +1
Average Score:4.4( 4.4/5 based on 49 reviews )
 27 reviews55 %
 16 reviews33 %
 3 reviews6 %
 2 reviews4 %
Target:BeginnersValue For Money:Excellent
iamqman12/31/2011

iamqman's review"Good deal good time"

Ibanez GSA60
I really like the Ibanez guitars because they have such a value in them because when you compare them to many other guitar manufactures. It has a really good price point into what you're getting is a very good build that sounds excellent and just feels right. One of the things that I like to highlight when playing and reviewing a guitar is how comfortable you feel when playing it. Ibanez necks have a very speed like profile and they're very comfortable to play. Most of my playing revolves around the hard rock and metal type tones so these guitars really gives me that convenience and comfortability that I'm looking for in an instrument. So couple that with the price point of these guitars hovering right around $200-$600, it is really a no-brainer to grab ladies guitars.

Neck: GSA

Body: Agathis

Fret: Medium

Bridge: Standard

Neck Pickup: PSND-S

Mid Pickup: PSND-S

Bridge Pickup: PSND-H Dimensions and Weight in PackagingShipping Weight: 9 lbs Shipping Dimensions: 42 x 17 x 4 in

These guitars really excel in the high gain applications. If you're using a high gain Marshall amplifier or a Mesa boogie amplifier then you're really going to get the tone that you would need out of this type of guitar. These instruments really find there sweet spot in the high gain saturated type sounds. Where they don't fare well is with a clean amplifier or a clean setting on any type of amplifier. So if you're using a Fender amplifier or a Vox amplifier and you're really not going to get the type of tone you're looking for. You really have to use a distortion pedal or some type of fuzz pedal to really get that amplifier to saturate to the levels that find the sweet spot within this guitar. So if you're using some delays or a effects or modulation than that will help in getting this guitar to sound where it was designed to be positioned audibly. Overall these are fun and the price is really is probably the best benefit when you're getting such a great guitar for the money.

You can find these guitars fairly easily and in most guitar retailers around the world. They're also readily available online and in many auction sites or use classified ads. I recommend this guitar to anyone who is looking for a nice shredder type guitar at really low prices. The guitar sound good in any live setting and they also do quite well in a recording session as well. Overall they're the best bang for the buck in my opinion when it comes to getting a good quality thats an inexpensive guitar.
MGR/MikE07/14/2004

MGR/MikE's review"Ibanez GsA60"

Ibanez GSA60
i buy this guitar in H&H music store (houston,texas) for 200 bucks, is a good price

this guitar is cool is smooth and is so light the neck is great for fast action i love it

mm everything is fine this is a begginers guitar so is good

really really good no scratches

if i loose this guitar ill buy it again is a great starter guitar trust me

MGR/delux_12506/23/2004

MGR/delux_125's review"Ibanez GSA60"

Ibanez GSA60
I bought the ibanez on ebay, (with a case, a and little amp)for a total $200!!! the ax was in perfect condition!!! (The case is a squire fender case which is worth about $65! the amp is a little one, 10 watts which is like $45! i cant believe i got everything for $200!

The Ibanez GSA60 is a great ax for the price! i would gladly pay $210 for the guitar itself from musiciansfriend.com but i was a little tight on money and went the ebay route! it has a great agathis countour s body. all my friends want the ax when they see it. its a great sounding guitar, with the powersound pickups! awesome feel in your hands. the paint job is jewel blue and looks wicked! truley a superb guitar for the price!

the 1st string gets out of tune once in a while, but whos lazy enough not to tune it back??

great construction! neck is smooth and sleek! one humbucker and two coil pickups for great sound! paint job is really nice. construction is great, as is all IBANEZ guitars! great feel of playing in your hands!

superb guitar for the "low on cash" person!
its a great guitar for beginners or to keep on playing for a good while! excellent value and quality!

MGR/Kyle Banick04/28/2004

MGR/Kyle Banick's review"Ibanez GSA 60"

Ibanez GSA60
I bought this guitar at a Guitar Center in Houston for about $210 which is a great deal.

The guitar is amazing for its price. It doesn't match the highest quality RG models or the Joe Satriani models or anything, but it is an excellent entry level guitar. I've had it almost two years now, and it is still going strong despite all the abuse I put it through. Instead of spending thousands of dollars that I didn't have on a hobby I was unsure I would like, I spent the 200 dollars on this great deal.
The sound is great through the bridge Humbucker. It can play a variety of styles but really is better for rock.
As an Ibanez freak, I appreciate the combination of an S- Style body (with the smooth edges it looks great) and the RG, slick, areodynamic neck and flat back for comfortable playing.

It goes out of tune a lot, and I've found the basic tremelo unit to be quite useless. It doesn't sound that good and the spring-loaded design makes it fall out of tune a lot. I'd rather it have come with a fixed bridge. Also, the pickups other than the Humbucker sound somewhat hollow.

Durable, durable, durable. I've put this thing through so much abuse I'm surprised it still makes a sound. It is sturdy and very well-constructed. The finish is strong as well.

This is a durable, reliable, and versatile guitar that sounds mind-blowing at the price. 200 dollars for an entry-level guitar that doesn't sound like a beginner.

MGR/west02/10/2004

MGR/west's review"Ibanez GSA 60"

I got this guitar for about £200 is socodi music in Ashford

well... for a cheap guitar it sounds great. it can give you a wide variety of sounds ranging from slow indy to metal and the bridge humbucker sounds pretty good. this is a good guitar for beginners.

well, it never stays in tune and if you just touch the whammy then you have to re-tune it.

well built and suprisingly light. the tone knob doesn't feel stable and i think its going to fall off. but apart from that its great.

this is an sll round good guitar and amazingly good for its price. if you are a beginner and looking for a first guitar, don't buy a squier. buy this.

MGR/steven marbury01/28/2004

MGR/steven marbury's review"Ibanez GSA60"

online

$199

very sleek, comfortable, sharp looking.

not a lot wrong with this guitar for the price

overall, excellent
Good action, killer sound, no noise.

Guitar has a decent shred sound without being clunky, love the jewel blue finish.
Guitar looks like it should cost a lot more.

MGR/Sam Slatcher12/27/2003

MGR/Sam Slatcher's review"Ibanez GSA 60"

Ibanez GSA60
I Bought this guitar from Fret Music for £220 (in a pack with an amp and lead etc..) The service in the shop was great! This is my first electric guitar.

This Guitar has a great look and sound to it. The best thing about it is, that its really easy to play. Good for solo's because there's no fret hum. The structure is good to. Another good thing about the GSA60 is that you can easly reach every fret including 22.

There arn't many down sides to this. I guess the tuning isnt brilliant. But its such a good guitar you dont notice it!!

The construction is good. The paint work is amazing! My strap stay's on great even when jumping the house down! The whole structure is great! Ibanez have done a good job!

The GSA60 is a great guitar - a really good first guitar! I would recomend this to any one who wants a starter guitar. It is quite pricy but well worth it for a good quallity guitar.

MGR/iamneo12/14/2003

MGR/iamneo's review"Ibanez GSA60"

Ibanez GSA60
well... i bought this guitar on the internet from zzsounds, I bought it for $204.95 which was a great buy for that amount.

i am just a beginner but my dad's been playing his entire life and my friends all said this was a great buy. Really good for metal and rock. It looks great and doesn't scratch easily. I would definently get one again!!!

Not really good for blues but it could work (not like i would be playing blues though ;-) .

Awesome, every part works with perfection.

If i were you and i wanted a great deal on a great guitar, then this is a must buy.

MGR/JEREMY BIRCH11/21/2003

MGR/JEREMY BIRCH's review"Ibanez GSA60"

Ibanez GSA60
I BOUGHT THIS GUITAR AT A LOCAL GUITAR SHOP IN SIOUX CITY ,IOWA / PAID $190.00 AND HAD CORDS TUNER AND BAG THROWN IN WITH IT / WAS FIRST GUITAR WHICH I BOUGHT ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO/

I LOVE THE WAY THIS GUITAR CAN PLAY METAL ANYTHING IN DROP D SOUNDS GOOD COMING OUT OF GREAT FIRST GUITAR OR GIFT FOR SOMEBODY WHO IS THINKING ABOUT PLAYING GUITAR AND LIKES TO PLAY METAL / AT SAME TIME WITH THE CORRECT PEDALS AND AMP CAN SOUND VERY GOOD PLAYING ANYTHING

/AS STATED IN OTHER REVIEWS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR / GOES OUT OF TUNE EASILY / TONE AND VOLUME KNOBS FELL OFF AFTER ABOUT A MONTH THE ACTION GETS VERY ABOUT ONCE YOU GET TO ABOUT THE 12 FRET / HAD A TECH I KNOW TRY AND FIX THIS / HE JUST SMILED AND SAID GET A BETTER GUITAR / FINISH CHIPS EASILY / PICKUP SELECTOR SWITCH OF COURSE DOES NOT HAVE THAT BROAD OF RANGE

AS STATED BEFORE I CHIPPED MINE VERY EASILY AND I KNOW OF ANOTHER PERSON WHO HAS SAME GUITAR THAT HAS SAME PROBLEMS BUT AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT ENTERING THE GUITAR IN A BEAUTY CONTEST YOU WILL BE FINE /OTHER THAN THAT FOR THE MONEY PAID IS VERY WELL CONSTRUCTED / IBANEZ IS GOOD AT MAKING EVEN THIER LESSOR KNOWN MODELS OF GOOD QUALITY

AS STATED BEFORE BOTTOM LINE WITH THIS GUITAR IS THAT IT IS A BEGINNERS GUITAR NOTHING MORE IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT YOUR FIRST GUITAR I WOULD NOT SUGGEST BUYING THIS MODEL BUT IF YOU HAVE NOT YOU CAN GET THIS GUITAR FOR UNDER 200 DOLLARS ANYWHERE AND FOR A BEGINNER WHO DOES NOT KNOW IF THEY ARE EVEN GOING TO BE PLAYING OUTSIDE OF THREE MONTHS IT IS A BARGAIN / THIS IS THE ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS PRESENT FOR THE 13 YEAR OLD THAT THINKS HE IS GOING TO BE THE NEXT HENDRIX

MGR/Elvis Omercehajic11/16/2003

MGR/Elvis Omercehajic's review"Ibanez GSA 60"

Ibanez GSA60
I bought this guitar in Slovenia in guitar store, I paid for It about 250$, it's too much for that kind of guitar. Store name is Big Bang

I liked fretboard, because I was able to play qite fast, second thing that I liked at that guitar is weight and size, it's small guitar, and very easy. It'g good for someone that has only started to play electric guitar, for advanced user it's not. Another good thing is that the birdge is better then in model GRX40.

I don't like the sound of that guitar, and the way it was builded, because, evrything was made so so, not perfect, I don't expect to make perfect guitar like this which are made in big quantytis. Fret's wasn't lined up right, so wherever I played on first four frets, sound was fuzzed, and I couldn't hear anything. Neck could be better, because it curves quickly, and strings go off the tone very fast. They could do better job with that guitar.

Like i said before, consctuction was terrible, few of the screws wasn't tight enaugh so I tried to figure out what was the problem, until i saw that, Neck had bad connection with body. I had some problems with electonics, but they were fixed.

I only suggest that guitar for real beginers, for advanced user it's not good, but if you have small budget eaven this is good.