I've been using them for four years with a Numark DXM 06 mixer.
Easy-to-use and practical decks.
My opinion after four years of use:
- User friendly
- CDs are quickly loaded
- CD tray illumination
- Reliable in spite of heavy vibrations and damaged CDs - CUE play function (a very rare feature)
- Very good effects
- Loop functions (stutter or on the fly), two storable loops
- Pitch and KEY
- 3000 storable cue points
- Value for money
- Possibility to sync decks
- SOUND: not enough output gain (compared with other DJ decks)
- Easily audible noise
- CD load via tray (archaic and bulky)
- Manual too short (it doesn't mention tips to solve different problems)
- Lack of digital output (although it's not very useful)
- No CD-RW or MP3 CDs support
- Not compatible with CDs over 80 minutes!!!
- Bulky compared with Denon products or a Pioneer CDJ-400
Note: don't expect too much considering the current AXIS9 price...
Processor overheat on a deck Signs: display malfunction, faulty playing and smell
In short, the desk was unusable (very annoying when you have to start your performance two minutes later)!
It worked again two days later and it never happened again...
The jog wheel is no longer touch-sensitive on both decks, which means no scratch function nor effects anymore.
Good value for money, easy handling (even for beginners).
I don't regret my choice at all.
I would choose a deck with a USB input now,
like the Pioneer CDJ 400.
Originally written by djmotion on Audiofanzine FR.
I bought two 15 days ago, and I had a little time to test the bte!
I love: the ultra sensitive touch (some do not), the effects (3-4 y'en really excellent), the quality of the loops, robustness and design cool.
I like least: not much ben ... can be a little + effect? the scratch does not like vinyl (c irreplaceable any fawn) but 4 DIFFERENT modes may be useful and friendly as the effects you want to do!
just a lil thing: some cd with nero serious do not go, but a matter of burning c (disc at once -> track at once and password)
Finally I find the report qualitprix very well (I got 499 euros), and whether for beginners or a dj pro IDAL is the hardware for the fun! This is not the primary?
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
Dj-Spicoul's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
I test in small numark evening. Not that it's not bad is it really can. If you got the numark with you and that you dare to make a night "normal" (without the bug as a scratch that is run according to his mood or ffects that does not engage or music that is progressing as ca silently etc etc ...) and I wish him good luck. Numark wanted to do well, Numark has plant. Too bad ...