• 1 participant
  • 0 follower
Stewbone

Stewbone

7 posts
New AFfiliate
First post
1 Posted on 02/28/2004 at 20:26:38
Hey, so I'm new to digi recording, and am not an old seasoned hand at analog.

I'm a bass player, and have had some pretty good recording experience though, as well as lots of live stuff: Musical theatre, tons of club gigs. I also teach bass guitar at a local music store in RI.

I dove into this 'cause my rhythm section partner, a smokin' drummer (really) and a very best friend of mine died of brain cancer before he could finish putting together his digital recording studio (two years ago). It was to be a co-operative artists' production scene, and I've sort of decided to do a very scaled-down version of what he was after. His sister sent some "leftover funds" from his unfinished project to a few of us after he "left"- so we redeem loss as best we can through small opportunity. You can't just drop the ball- that would dishonor everything.

So here's the set-up:
Intel Celeron 2Ghz CPU; 266MB DDR RAM; 40 GB Hard Disc space, 7200 rpm's. Suitable monitor resolution, a couple CD burners, DVD burner,
Fostex PM0.5 active Near-Fields.
Using a Tacam US-428 USB interface/controller and running it off Cool Edit Pro 2.0. Also have Soundforge and Acid 3.0, though I'm not ready to learn that stuff just yet! (Martin was using a Super-Duper Mac and ProTools. Hey, I'm doing the best I can, here!)

I'm importing a lot of 4-trk cassettes to the CEP, for starters, and saving the raw .wav files to DVD for archiving, and future use (this is all stuff we did over a period of several years... a lot of Crimson-influenced madness, et al. So we've got to get CD's produced and distributed to my bro's survivng friends and family- they're all waiting!...). :shock: I am, however, pretty proud of what we did! :)

SO...

I'm going to be around, asking a lot of questions- and I'll try to be only just annoying enough to get the answers I'm after- and of course be more than willing to share info, accrued knowledge and ground-breaking discoveries with the population at large. :mrgreen:

Thanks for reading, and if you've got something you want to do, do it now!

Talk to ye',
Rog.
cookies
We are using cookies!

Yes, Audiofanzine is using cookies. Since the last thing that we want is disturbing your diet with too much fat or too much sugar, you'll be glad to learn that we made them ourselves with fresh, organic and fair ingredients, and with a perfect nutritional balance. What this means is that the data we store in them is used to enhance your use of our website as well as improve your user experience on our pages (learn more). To configure your cookie preferences, click here.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent
These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine and allow its optimization. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Example: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).
Google Analytics
We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it.
Advertising
This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent

These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Examples: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).

Google Analytics

We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it. When this parameter is activated, no personal information is sent to Google and the IP addresses are anonymized.

Advertising

This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest.

You can find more details on data protection in our privacy policy.
You can also find information about how Google uses personal data by following this link.