Blackstar Amplification HT Stage 60
Blackstar Amplification HT Stage 60
Sixfour Sixfour
Publié le 09/18/10 à 08:12
Combo Power (RMS) 60W Lamps 2 x EL34, 2 x ECC83, 1 x ECC82 HP (s) 2 x Celestion Seventy 80 12 "Number of channels 3 with 2 modes per channel Front panel guitar input - Clean: volume, voice switches, bass, treble - Overdrive 1: gain, volume, voice switches - Overdrive 2: gain, volume, voice switches - Overdrive EQ: bass, middle, treble, ISF - Master reverb, resonance, presence, volume Rear Effects Loop : send, return, switch level - jack output with speaker simulation, switch 1x12 / 4x12 - 2 HP - footswitch jack - reverb switch (dark / bright) Pedals included FS-7, FS-4 optional (voice Overdrive 2) Weight (kg) 3.30 Dimensions (mm) 715 x 586 x 278

This is a first review after 1 week of use (2 repeats + homework). The settings are not very complicated to who ever used a tube amp.
No effect is obtained very quickly a good sound on each one of the three channels. The hardest part is knowing what you want between the ability to change the voicing, the ISF, the resonance and the presence multiply the sound palette!
It is complicated (a little) when you have effects (nova system BB + preamp). Live with the effects we lose much and gain the grain of the amp. I tried a lot of connections and for now is with the effects loop it sounds best. I had previously never used the effects loop of an amp and it is essential here.
I have not opened the manual so I do not know if it is done well ...
There are plenty of other outlets for HP, it is also an output with speaker simulation that I have not tested yet.
For the price (only correct) I am surprised that the finish is very good.
30kilos was not his strong point but they still planned two side handles for friends ...

When buying this amp I was looking first and foremost a clear sound that remains even at high volume because I have indeed behind for everything crunch and saturation. Basically one channel would have sufficed.
I tried the Vox AC30 that I loved ... but difficult to keep clean always clean. I am currently recoveries rock blues funk (from light to full) and the wonderful crunch but ubiquitous high volume VOX worried me a bit. But then this crunch!
I also own a Marshall DSL-401: I struggled a lot with (changing lamp, HP, revision, ..) In the end it was not bad but:
- Lack of reserve power
- Bass who drool at high volume
So I tried the HT60 and I found it downright defend themselves well clear sound.
Even if I do not use them yet, OD1 and OD2 channels are also really nice. It sounds more than my marshall Marshall ... OD2 in the voicing and EQ that goes we get a distorted sound super powerful and accurate.
The Blackstar is very versatile. It is an advantage for some and a disadvantage for the other ...
I use it with an Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Paf mounted Pro (neck) and D-Sonic. On clean channel overdrive + very light from the Nova and Paf Pro splité side Ibanez I obtain even a clicking sound "Fendérient first choice! What happiness!
By attention to the power cons. To play at home if you do nothing for the "crippled" this is particularly complicated and it is useless! Me I lower the volume of Nova in the loop for him calmed down a little minds ... and there it is playable. After repeating with a drummer who sent wood and bassist that goes with it well ... I can cover them all and hands down! Sound does not decays a bit. The bass is present and very clean.

For how long have you been using it?
I therefore used for a week. Between the setting of my amp and effects I put a little time to find what I want but it's starting to come and I think it will improve.

What thing do you like most/least about it?
+ + + His versatility, his bright, saturated ...
- Too powerful for the home

Did you try many other models before getting this one?
Marshall DSL-401, Vox AC30 and AC15

What is your opinion about the value for the price?
I was looking for any lamp combo 2x12 "and in this price (800 € max) was not much.
Other combos are often much more expensive (except in OCCAZ). So value for money excellent.

Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?
With 800 € max yes, with 2500 € no ... and I would take a Mesa Boogie probably ... sniff.

I am fully satisfied with this purchase, but obviously I would advise trying to make his own opinion.

Although musically.