Randall RD1H

All user reviews for the Randall RD1H

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Randall belonging to the Diavlo series.

( 5/5 based on 2 reviews )
2 reviews
Audience: Anyone Value For Money : Excellent
  • The best in its class

Randall RD1HPublié le 12/05/14 à 08:02

Effective and practical tone selector.
    The tone is usable between 9 and 3 o'clock, beyond that it's less musical, in my opinion.
    The volume control can be used up to 1 or 2 o'clock, beyond that the sound starts to become muddled.

Effects loop, recording output on XLR with 4x12 cab simulation and Ground Lift switch, it's rare to get all these options for the price.
    You can use it without speaker, because it has an internal resistance, so you can record in complete silence.

I hesitated buying an Engl Gigmaster 15 but, considering the critiques regarding its reliability, I went looking for something else and bumped into this RD1, which costs half as much...

The clean sound is nice, I......

Effective and practical tone selector.

The clean sound is nice, I think.
    The crunch sound is good! It maybe lacks some finesses to be really great.
    However, it does sound great for rock and metal.

Compared to a Laney IRT15H in 1W mode, I must say it's not disappointing at all. And it's clearly better than a Blackstar HT5, which didn't quite convince me!

For the price of a decent pedal, nothing can beat it in this category, because this amp head is very good for different music styles and it's excellent for rock/hard rock!
  • 1 watt - but it's AWESOME!

Randall RD1HPublié le 11/08/13 à 12:12

1 channel

1 effects loop - 1 XLR emulation output

USE

It's über-easy to use.

Do note that the 3-way switch allows you to use 3 different equalizations. (a sort of contour or presence) - Rock / Lead / Metal. Sound changes quite significantly.

The tone is effective but really usable starting from 50%.

SOUND

I'd say it isn't made for clean sounds, it's for crunch sounds at the least.

I play mainly metal, sometimes rock and even a bit of blues.

1 watt tube amp

2 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
    1 x 12AU7 power amp tube

1 gain / 1 tone / 1 volume

1 channel

1 effects loop - 1 XLR emulation output

USE

It's über-easy to use.

The tone is effective but really usable starting from 50%.

SOUND

I'd say it isn't made for clean sounds, it's for crunch sounds at the least.

I play mainly metal, sometimes rock and even a bit of blues.

Let me be clear and brief: This amp astonished me, after my ENGL Savage tube amp head, I had never been in such awe. This amp made for home (1 watt), has a killer sound. I plugged it to a 2x12, and it sounds wicked, with a somewhat dirty Crunch, just the way I like it, and with a metal distortion that 's jaw-dropping.

I was looking for an amp for home use and I found it!! TUBE SOUND at low volumes.

I love it. :)

I recommend this amp to anybody, except for clean sounds. (and obviously to play at home).

FYI, I tried out an Orange micro terror ...and it's not that "terrific", except for its name, lol...There's no comparison, the Randall is clearly better...and I don't work at Randall :)