[NAMM] Akai BT100 & BT500 turntables
At the NAMM, Akai has introduced its new BT-100 and BT-500 belt-drive turntables.
Both models feature can convert vinyl recordings into digital audio files through USB and are able to send the outcoming signal to any Bluetooth compatible speaker, while of course also featuring more "conventional" outputs.
The (higher-end of the two) BT-500 model features:
- Isolated DC motor and belt-drive system to ensure silent operation
- Die-cast anti-resonance aluminum platter with non-slip rubber mat
- Low-mass tonearm with precision damped cueing
- Built-in switchable phono pre-amp for use with powered speakers
- Possibility to stream music wirelessly to any (non-included) Bluetooth speaker
- Conversion of vinyl records to digital files via USB connection to computer
- Selectable sampling rate (44.1kHz or 48kHz)
- 1/8” headphone jack & gold-plated RCA jacks
- Leveling bubble and adjustable feet
- Heavy MDF base aimed at minimizing vibration
- Includes dual moving magnet cartridge and removable headshell
- 2-speeds: 33 1/3 and 45 RPM
- Includes 45 RPM adapter, USB cable, audio cable and AC adapter
- Walnut finish with brushed aluminum controls
- US retail price: $399.99
Both models are expected during the second quarter of 2016.
More details to come at Akai Pro's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] [VIDEO] Live from the Mixars booth Mixars offers an overview of their line of DJ-oriented products.
- [NAMM] [VIDEO] Hercules P32 DJ A demonstration of the features of the new Hercules P32 DJ controller.
- [NAMM] Hercules P32 DJ controller Hercules presents the P32 DJ controller, designed for live remixing, sample triggering, and slicing.