Gibson Explorer '76 Reissue
Gibson Explorer '76 Reissue

V/XPL/FB Shaped Guitar from Gibson belonging to the Explorer series.

syraks syraks
Published on 02/13/09 at 00:53
Mine is black.
Small precision compared to previous opinions: the handle is not "50's rounded" or "60 slim tapper", it is between the two, dixit Gibson site: "The neck is Gibson's Explorer has the best of Both Worlds- It Is a Hybrid Between the '50s rounded contour and the '60s slim-taper profile. " ;-)
Channel hyper pleasant living!

Level finishing is impeccable! on the other hand, level design, there are few things that I do not like:
- Buttons black plastic knobs ... Just hideous, I do not understand how Gibson can use it on both grates. Replaced by chrome Gotoh (telecaster style), it throws much more!
- The pickguard. From what I saw, it hides the cavities for the Electone => impossible to remove ... It makes you wonder what they went through my head! I probably repaint.

It comes with flight case. Attention to detail is important: it is huge ... He just returned from the back seat of a 207.

"Gets it easy to sound good?"
How to say? Bridge pickup, volume up, warm tube amp back and go to send riffs straight from hell! It sounds directly in any config! It is truly plug and play.
For solos, I find it really nice.

Level access to acute, it is hard to beat! Other than a SG, I do not see ...
I find it light enough! After 2 hours of repeats, I have no pain in the back, which is a more significant!

So, I play in a style hard rock, blues and metal. My main influences include you may talk more: James Hetfield (like so ^ ^), Slash and Billy Gibbons.
My stuff: Soldano Avenger (all knobs to 6) and Harley Benton 1x12. That's it. ;-)

I will try to avoid the cliché "you can play everything from gypsy jazz to Christian metal polish, to the chants of the Mass".

The bridge pickup is most comfortable in saturations hard / metal. Turning down the volume, it was a crunch of the friendliest, which responds well to the attack! Volume at bottom, we go for the big rhythmic Hetfieldiennes: powerful and precise, but with a pudgy hand. Fan

The neck pickup does not seem to be super appreciated. Ben I like it! I find it fits perfectly with the guitar: he manages to be warm without being mushy, and it is capable of supporting heavy loadings, which handle a lot of microphones can not do (I think, for example, the EMG 85, which handsomely pukes whenever there is a little gain).

In short, as already stated, the sound is huge!
In fact, I feel I have found the scratches that suits me, that makes me vibrate entirely to each chord of E major, on which I play everything seems better ... In short, conquered!

I love the sound!
Apart from a few aesthetic details mentioned above, I'm totally a fan!
Before it, I tested a lot of models, the telecaster to Super Start LTD. Finally, Gibson is right for me! She sits next to a copy of a Gibson LP and LP BFG.

The quality / price is right.
And this choice I would do with pleasure! Even sooner!