- The installation is done it without problems?
installation was evident, no prob, Windows 98.
- Have you experienced any incompatibilities?
I put 3 / 10 because it is totally incompatible with Win XP,
(Even with the wildest stuff)
- The general configuration is easy?
- The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
I can not remember the manual.
online help is sufficient.
- What is the configuration of your computer?
(Motherboard / CPU / Ram / Disk / sound card ..)
so that it works properly, we must win 98.
thus requires a computer capable of running win 98,
ie an old PC, because modern PCs simply will win 98.
you need: a Pentium II or Pentium III 350 700, for example,
with an ASUS motherboard choice for boys, girls ABIT.
RAM: not a lot required, 128 or 256 MB enough
Direct Sound compatible sound card required, otherwise there is no salvation.
Programmers refused to wear Reality in VST mode
- The software works he correctly on this configuration?
yes it worked flawlessly, until my return to the studio,
the computer that took the Lightning, Reality has become ... a gust of wind
(I paid the price sold on the site, in 1999)
- What performance? (If quantifiable)
When it works, in 1999 it was very good ...
until I want to use Cubase VST 5 with VSTi plug.
- This software + hardware is stable?
No, because today this configuration is botched.
- How long have you use it?
Reality I could use between 1999 and 2000 to compose a few pieces.
Since then I went to the VSTi I do without the songs to Reality
- What is so special that you like most and least?
in 1999, Reality was a pioneer and the best existing software synthesizer.
So I used a number of sounds with, and then I regretted it.
- Have you tried many other models before buying it?
At the time there was not much choice between "Probe" and others "VAZ" much less made at the time.
- How would you rate the quality / price?
- With experience, you do again this choice? ...
Today, I exclusively buy VSTi synths,
because it is a standard. So assured reliability over time.
I conclude that for me, this software was a scam:
programmers promised a VSTi version in the summer of 2003, they never wanted to leave, for reasons of orgueuil small computer:
"Our Reality works in 64 bits while the VSTi format works in 32-bit only".
Indeed: a WAV file from the output of Reality was done in 16-bit / 44.1 stereo.
Also today, the resolution of Reality is not even equal to 8 bits 16 Khz, but 0 bits since silenced.
Then simply go to their site to see how rough they have withdrawn from the market. I think we can not even know the names of the programmers: I hope for them anyway.
I note, therefore, a 0 / 10 as we are today.
Certainly in 1999 I noticed a 9 / 10 until credulously VSTi version.