DiscoDSP HighLife Updated To R3
DiscoDSP has announced that the open source version of HighLife has been updated to R3.
The SFZ Parser was thoroughly redesigned and has the following new features:
- Sample path can be relative or absolute to any location on the storage media.
- Path names may contain blank spaces.
- <group> header can now be used.
- <key> opcode is now recognized.
- Comments can be put on the same line with opcodes.
As a side effect it should be very easy now to include further sfz opcodes and headers.
Fixes and additions:
- The following additional zone parameters can now be modified from the zone editor panel: root key, low key, high key, low velocity, high velocity.
- A couple of wave files that were refused by the previous version will now load fine.
- Loopinfo will not be used if loopstart > loopend (workaround for some nonstandard wav editors)
- When creating loop crossfades Highlife now implements a equal power crossfade instead of the previously used equal gain (linear) crossfade.
- Highlife won't crash anymore whenever a sample can't be opened. Instead an error message is displayed and the load process is reverted.
- Added Open Source Logo.
- About box (Click on the Highlife Logo to open).
More information, binary download and source code available at discodsp.com/highlife.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Voxengo Beeper v2.0 & Other Plug-Ins Voxengo has released version 2.0 updates for several of its free plug-ins, providing cross-platform (Win/Mac, VST/AU) and 64-bit support amongst other changes.
- Mutools Mu.Lab Update Mutools has updated MU.LAB to v2.5.7.
- Expert Sleepers Oomingmak Expert Sleepers has announced the release of Oomingmak, a new plug-in for Mac OS X (AU/VST) and Windows (VST).