[NAMM] Shure Axient Wireless System
Shure Incorporated announced it would preview its new Axient wireless microphone system, which can automatically change frequencies, undetected by the user, to avoid interference, at the 2011 NAMM Show in Anaheim, California.
According to Shure, the Axient system employs "several technologies that work together to deliver interference-free audio in the most critical live broadcast, theater, music, and corporate events."
- Interference Detection and Avoidance, designed to detect RF interference and enable the system to move to a clear and compatible frequency in milliseconds, making even major interference undetectable, according to the company.
- Frequency Diversity, designed to transmit full-bandwidth audio on two separate frequencies to ensure uninterrupted audio for mission-critical channels, even in the face of direct RF interference.
- ShowLink remote control, designed to enable the user to make real-time remote adjustments from the receiver or a laptop, of transmitter settings like audio gain while the microphone is live. ShowLink remote control extends throughout the transmitter's RF range.
- The Axient Spectrum Manager, designed to constantly scan the RF environment, perform frequency compatibility calculations to assign clear frequencies to each wireless transmitter. It also continuously monitors, ranks, and deploys backup frequencies automatically.
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs that have zero memory effect, and are designed to deliver accurate battery life metering in hours and minutes, time remaining to full charge, and battery health.
- Wireless Workbench 6, a new software interface designed to enable the Axient user to monitor and control the entire system. Wireless Workbench features a redesigned graphical user interface with enhancements that support advancements in performance and networkability that Axient offers.
Pricing & Availability
The Axient Wireless microphone system will be available in mid-2011 with pricing TBD.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Lectrosonics Quadra Digital Wireless Monitor Lectrosonics introduces the Quadra digital wireless monitor (IEM) system at Winter NAMM.
- [NAMM] HK Elements Sound Reinforcement Now available in the U.S., HK Audio offers its Elements modular sound reinforcement.
- [NAMM] JBL Pro EON515XT JBL Professional and UK/ROI distributor Sound Technology Ltd introduce and announce the availability of the new EON515XT active loudspeaker.