[NAMM] SSL X-Rack Stereo Dynamics Module
Solid State Logic introduced the new X-Rack Stereo Dynamics Module at Winter NAMM 2011 (Booth 6904, Hall A).
The new X-Rack Module is designed to deliver the same sonic signature as the channel strip processing of SSL's large format Duality console and the mono X-Rack SuperAnalogue Dynamics Module in a stereo configuration. The module is intended for stereo tracking or stem mixing.
The X-Rack Stereo Dynamics Module is a stereo version of the SuperAnalogue Dynamics Module. Featuring Compressor/Limiter and Expander/Gate circuits, the Stereo Dynamics Module provides the SSL level control tools for both recording and mixing applications.
The Compressor section can switch between a gentle Soft Knee (Over Easy) RMS compression to a more aggressive Peak Sensing or Hard Knee mode, providing a wide range of leveling control. The secondary circuit can function as either a Noise Gate or an Expander. The feature set is completed by an External Key Input (mono), for triggering the unit from an external sound source, and the ability for multiple adjacent units to be linked.
- +4dBu Operating Level
- Balanced Stereo Line ¼" Jack Input and Output
- RMS or Peak Sense Stereo Compressor/Limiter
- Dedicated Gain Reduction Metering
- Independently switched Gate/Expander
- External Key Input ¼" Jack
- Link function for multiple modules
Pricing & Availability
The Stereo Dynamics Module will be available from February 2011 priced: $1,159; £699; 839.50 €.
For more info, visit www.solidstatelogic.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Drawmer MX Pro Series Drawmer announces a revision to their MX Series - now called MX Pro.
- [NAMM] ESI uniK Studio Monitors ESI Audiotechnik GmbH revealed the new uniK series of professional studio reference monitors at the 2011 NAMM show.
- [NAMM] Zoom R8 Multitrack Recorder The R8 combines four production tools in a small device.