Korg Tr 88
Korg Tr 88

Workstation from Korg belonging to the TR series.

stompboxjon stompboxjon

« effects »

Published on 06/13/12 at 23:43
Most Korg workstations are great, and I really like working with them. When I got my hands on the TR 88 I expected a lot already without even using it yet. It didn’t let me down either. The Korg TR 88 sequencing is second to none and just the overall use and performance of this workstation is great. Accessing all of the patches and sounds is so easy and learning to sequence them and change the way they sound is just as easy.

Very simple configuration if you are already use to some of the other Korg boards. Korg keeps most of there stuff the same from workstation to workstation and they really don’t change to many things so its easy to understand for most of their repeat customers.

Sounds are really good, you will have a lot of sounds to experiment with for a long time and one thing I can say about this board is that you wont get bored with it quick. It will take time for you to use all of the patches and even better than that it will take time for you to go through all of the effects that the TR 88 can provide. There are over 60 I would say, effects that can be used right on board and will make every thing sound different if you arent into just presets.

The board is well built that’s one of the things that really sticks out to me, its steardy and strong. Doesn’t seem like it will crack or break if it gets knocked off the stand or knocked of the desk , workstation or wherever you will have it at. I have heard they have an add on to this unit that seems pretty good, I think its for sampling but I don’t do that often so I would never buy it. But I think it will cost over 100 dollars. Which is just what korg does, they always try to find a way to make more and more money. So that doesn’t make the price of the Korg TR 88 to good, once you have to think about the extra 100 plus dollars just for something that should be built on .