Korg Kronos 73
Korg Kronos 73

Workstation from Korg belonging to the Kronos series.

vipmusicos vipmusicos

«  A "beast deep" »

Published on 01/10/13 at 03:45
73 heavy keyboard (absolutely top)
For the rest, refer to the documentation common to all three versions ...
My model includes = 4GB RAM (3GB reduced to useful) 2SSD (the factory and a second 30GB 128GB), a key USB2 4GB (gadget, but it is very convenient to have provided, we dedicate to the machine), and especially a Nanopad2 (one branch and it is configured as a substitute for screen virtual pads) ...

"Sober", "effective", "bright", "clean" are the adjectives that come to mind when one speaks of Kronos ... but "simple" seems completely inappropriate!
I have 5 years of Red Karma behind me, but if the overall Korg retains its leg, everything is much more dense with the Kronos even though the interface is on top (nice touch screen, clear sections, commands strong a priori ), however each section its share multiple screens, tabs galore = everything is editable, customizable, deep, the synth sound design audio multitrack recording, through management modules Karma, inserts fx, we hand over everything to optimize rendering "his sauce" ... and, for a novice, and even a connoisseur a little accustomed to these machines as I am, it spins a bit dizzy !
Guide in French grip is more like a guide than a descriptive advertising operator (this is the tendency to swing international products with a base pdf insignificant published in the languages ​​of distribution history to comply with legislation, without really a service to users / customers!) ...

The heavy artillery of 1175 pages pdf is, of course, in English and not published on paper!

If we assume that this is a high-end bike reserved for public trading, ok ... for gus means, including myself, the part info / guide in my language (especially for a machine of this complexity) seems radically insufficient!

Sounds except for the sublime vocals / scat human factory and animations by KARMA2 (which often makes them super synthetic and artificial) = it is far behind the Tyros 4 I have and I upgraded with samples from Best of computer music (reusable of course samples of Kronos) ... But in this field and the acoustic instruments (particularly in relation to the SA2 Tyros 3/4), it is a little disappointing for the plant palette.

In contrast side engine synths, pianos, electric pianos, organs, drums and even the Kronos brings misery to my Tyros 4 that I still found some time ago very top!

Karma with animations, sound mixing palettes, Kronos "sounds", but then "sounds serious" ... and I'm only discovery phase surface!

Not advise beginners on WS ... but certainly, even if I did that too little hindsight, the keyboard of my set, and yet I have a Tyros 4 "ESP" ... the star of my home studio called Kronos and settled for long!