Korg Kronos 73
Korg Kronos 73

Workstation from Korg belonging to the Kronos series.

Scoubidou Scoubidou

« Sublime! »

Published on 09/14/11 at 09:20
The keyboard has 73 notes with a touch heavier than the RH3 type, from Mi to Mi, perfect for my use, which was not the case with the M3-73 with the keyboard was from Do to Do.The response of the keyboard is essentially the same as the SV-1 (identical?) I tried the sv-1 in store and I loved the keyboard behavior ...
The screen is beautiful, although it is not an iPad, lol
There is a USB port that allows communication with a computer audio and midi. &nbsp;And here is the heavy focus:The Kronos is recognized "Out of the Box" by my GNU / Linux-based KXStudio (I also tested it with Tango Studio, no problem either)! &nbsp;It works well. There are I / O Jacks in the Kronos. I have routed the sound of Kronos to the output from my RME HDSP 9632 which are connected to my monitor speakers, it runs like clockwork regardless of the latency setting in the Jack. Incredible- it is the bomb!
Can we hope that Korg will release an editor compatible with GNU / Linux?? This would be a true miracle!
In any case, it's all too beautiful ... I could not believe my ears! &nbsp;Thank you KORG for thnking of its users seriously.
In addition, the source code of the OS turning the Kronos is provided in the DVD supplied with the machine!

The Set List mode provides an undeniable comfort, why did we not think of that before??
For the rest, it remains a fairly complex machine for those who have never had a workstation ... for others, the touch screen and the various shortcuts make for nice editing without having to use a pc.

It's best to listen to understand! ;-)
Not to write a huge novel, but everything is very good!
As with everyone, I was amazed by the accordion sounds sounding superbly well!
The pianos are fabulous.The electric pianos ditto

Simply the best keyboard I bought in 11 years!
I bought it after eight months of visiting forums and reading documentation! We must tell Korg to give us the time to reflect on such a purchase!

So I therefore naturally replaced my wonderful K2500XS Kurzweil, sorry my friend, but I had no room for you two :-(((