I bought this computer in July on the refurb store, so I was able to save 500 euros on the original price.
What I like about this model:
- The OS and apps (the new version of i-life is really full)
- The power of the core duo (which perfectly complement my G4 that was beginning to falter ...)
- The screen is very nice
- Finishing of the unit
Could I blame:
- The connections too small (it lacks a USB, one FW400, FW800 and a video output for my taste)
- The computer very hot this summer
- The trackpad sometimes a little random
- The shrill sound when I use the computer on battery
Before buying it I had two iBooks that had convinced me to abandon the PC environment
Having bought my model on the refurb, I find the price more than satisfactory in terms of power, finishing, operating system and software included
Had I been more patient, I would have expected the models Core2Duo ...
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
sp7's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Macbook pro 1.83 ghz, 512 MB ram 667 mhz ddr2
dd 80 GB 5400 m / t
I note this book for 2 weeks
this is my second laptop. javais before a P1 166 mhz.
While I like the screen 15'4 inches, the trackpad, the input / output analog / digital
I do not like hp, the lack of PCMCIA port and the heat of the beast.
I tried the pc in win but I prefer the mac os is more open than the previous as well as its aesthetic.
I had a discount of 200 euros on the device that was a model expo in very good condition except for a trace on the "bodywork"
So for me the ratio q / p is good enough.
I use it recently so I did not truly objective view of his qualities.
garageband works well, we can go up to 8 audio tracks without abusing the plug-in.