MidiPads for the iPad released
Crossfire Designs released MidiPads, a configurable Midi controller for the iPad-the full version of MidiPadz Lite, which debuted in December.
MidiPads is a drumpad and midi controller for your iPad. It sports 16 drumpads on four pages. The bottom part is configurable by the user with resizable touchpads and sliders. Both sliders and touchpads support snapping to a value and fading to the touch position (duration user-configurable). One feature is the drumpad-integrated X/Y-controller: Change your instruments' or your effects' sound by moving your finger while still triggering - useful also for DJ software like Traktor Pro (see video in App description to see how it works).
Other features cover several velocity modes for the drumpads, like full velocity when tapping with two fingers, maximum velocity point either in vertical middle or top and also a random velocity mode, in case you want to use Hihats.
All elements can be edited by the user: Color, label, Midi channel, Midi CC can be changed for each element individually. Both sliders and drumpads can receive incoming Midi values: Sliders act as VU meters, drumpads glow depending on the incoming value.
MidiPads supports USB Midi over the iPad camera connection kit and network Midi.
Included is also a manual which helps you to set up all connections and configure MidiPads.
- Supports USB MIDI over iPad Camera Adapter
- Supports network MIDI over WiFi
- Elements are customizable (color, label, Midi channel, CC/key, range...)
- Bottom part customizable with resizable touch pads and sliders
- Four pages with 16 touch sensitive drum pads each
- Several modes to influence velocity: Two-finger-tap, vertical pad position, random velocity, and min and max velocity definable
- Touch pads and sliders support snapping and fading
- Use drum pads as tap or toggle buttons, either in key or CC mode
- Midi learn for each controller axis, as a learn CC value is sent on CC selection
- Drum pads can act as X/Y controller and pad at the same time
- Sliders can act as VU meter and slider at the same time
- Drum pads can show incoming values (e.g. that a sample is on that pad)
- Gravity controller (use iPad's rotation axis as controller)
- Lock mode hides all elements that would hinder your performance
- Supports all 16 midi channels (for each element separately)
- Drum pads can blink on incoming midi sync
- Help covering connection, editing the user interface and troubleshooting (tap i-symbol)
Midi assignment with Steinberg HALion Sonic:
Viewers of this article also read...
- Stanton Updates its SCS-1 System Controller Stanton announces several new update developments to its mixer control surface, the Stanton Control System 1.
- Native Instruments Traktor Audio 6 & 10 Native Instruments has announced Traktor Audio 6 and 10, the second generation of its DJ audio interface range.
- Native Instruments Traktor 2 Native Instruments has announced the second Traktor generation featuring its Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Duo software and Traktor Scratch Pro 2 digital vinyl system.