EDIT: Cross DJ updated to v2.5
MixVibes has released the v2.5 update for its Cross and Cross DJ software on Mac and PC.
Here are the new features introduces on Cross DJ v2.5:
- Key detection function with classic or harmonic notation view above each deck
- Real Time manual or automatic key change, which can be matched to the key of the master track (the color then changes to white)
- Key-compatible tracks in the library are now highlighted in orange, even if your search is based on other criteria
- New Collection full screen view with mini-deck display
- Drag and drop tracks between players and samplers
- Marker display in the track master view
- Ability to assign multiple functions to a button
- New MIDI mappings for the Pioneer DDJ-SX, Numark 4Trak, N4 and Mixdeck Quad, Vestax Spin 2 and Native Instruments Kontrol S4 and X1 DJ controllers
EDIT: The Pioneer DDJ-SX mapping includes the additional features:
- Full Dual Deck mode
- Samplers drive the players hot cues (and vice versa)
- Even when not in Dual Deck mode, samples in Pad Sampler mode can be driven from the Player decks
- Real time Bank Slicing: stays in the corresponding sampler even though a song is replaced in the player
- Also controls the MixVibes Video Plug-in
The update is free to existing users and can be downloaded from www.mixvibes.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Reloop Beatmix 4 mk2 Reloop present an mk2 version of their Beatmix 4 DJ controller specifically optimized for Serato.
- The top budget CD decks for DJs Even if DJs are turning more and more towards immaterial formats nowadays, it's still useful to keep a good old CD player lying around, one that can play back normal Red Book CDs as well as those stacked with compressed files. There are different models for around $500. We asked the global Audiofanzine community which ones are their favorites, so without further adieu, here are the best CD decks for DJ according to you!
- NI expands Stems support with Traktor Pro 2 update Native Instruments today released Traktor Pro 2.10.1, a free update that extends control of the Stems format to all Traktor users.