What technical features/characteristics motivated your choice?
- Traktor Pro 2 uses new TruWave hi-resolution technology to illuminate your waveforms and color them in a way that differentiates between kicks, snares, hats, etc, giving you an extra edge in anticipating your mix. It also has better zoom features to set tighter cues, and new loop recording and sample decks to allow for additional creativity.
With what instruments or systems (console, preamp,DTD...) do you use it and what connection types are there ?
- I run this on my MacBook Pro and usually operate is via a midi controller, whether that be a set of decks (Numark Mixtrack, NS7, or Denon DN-MC6000) or a midi controller (Novation Launchpad)
For what use?
- I primarily use it for DJing, but also like to run some of my own music through it as a part of my mastering stage to add some post production effects.
What is your Setup (Mother Board/CPU/RAM/Disc,...)?
- I run Traktor on a MacBook Pro with a 2.7Ghz Intel Core i7 processor with 4GB of RAM.
Were there any compatibility issues?
- No, I have not incurred any compatibility issues with this software.
Is the general configuration/setup simple?
- The general configuration is fairly simple, though there are a number of options and parameters that are available to play around with. There is certainly a learn curve, however that said, give it a couple hours to a couple days depending on your DJing capabilities and you will be completely aware of what Traktor has to offer.
Is the manual clear and sufficient?
- The manual, though extensive, is certainly clear and sufficient. It is well indexed and covers everything I had issues with.
Are the typical functions easily accessible?
- Yes. If you wanted to start mixing right out of the box with no skill you could definitely get going very quickly in Traktor Pro 2. The playback and cue buttons are all readily accessible and the library interface is easy to use, making finding tracks a breeze.
Does the software work correctly in this configuration?
Is this configuration (software and gear) stable?
- I have never had audio or CPU issues where Traktor has been the source.
What performance are you getting?
- A very good one. Traktor's effects sound great, it works well with every controller I have used, and its cueing and looping functions work exceptionally well. It's my favorite DJing software and the one I use the most.
For how long have you been using it?
- I have had Traktor Pro 2 for a year and three months, and it has been absolutely fantastic so far.
What thing do you like most/least about it?
- The thing I like most has to be the TruWave hi-res wave coloration that assigns different timbre sounds to different colors. I can't say there's anything I really dislike.
What is your opinion about the value for the price?
- It is pricey as it is a Native Instruments product, but it is absolutely worth the money. Plus, the 2.5 Pro update was just released for free so they take some pity on us consumers.
Precision and quality of the sound?
- The sound quality is high. As aforementioned the effects sound especially good.
Did you try many other models before getting this one?
- I have used Virtual DJ and Serato Scratch and much prefer Traktor to both of them.
Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?
Absolutely. Knowing what I know now I would never have used Serato Scratch or V-DJ.
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
Djc's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Installation smooth (ie proficient in English), installed patches with no problem.
I run xp with either SP1 or SP2 there's no problem of compatibility (knock on wood)
should not be too install it on a 486 in respect of resources, but I personally do not find too greedy
Finally, the manual, it is rather simplistic, I find it unfortunate that we do not find rponses all our questions, thank you and god there are these forums!
2.5.3 TDS I turn on a ASUS P4P800 SE, 1GB ram, 500GB your HD, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, P4 3Ghz Prescott.
then the software actually runs impeccable, I have never seen rowing (that said the quality of the drivers installed for playing bcp)
but of course, if you have 300 000 mp3, for a bit both in the 2-3 DIFFERENT files it train them to open ....
I use it for 2 years now I am very happy
Strengths: scratching and loops
weakness: sometimes complicated for some configuration config (sound cards etc) and sometimes too much dcalage tempo / fast in a mix
qualitprix: a bit expensive for what it is but remember that there are 2 licenses (over their CD is copy protected)
Finally, if I ever make another choice, although it would h quick! : O) I'm leaving with nat (ive) lol