Learn Frequencies with Sound Chef Pro
Sound engineer Stephane Brunet has put together a small program that will allow you to learn to recognize sound frequencies: Sound Chef Pro.
Sound Chef Pro is a tool designed to help the user learn to recognize sound frequencies. It works with both Apple Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. For progressive learning, you can choose to work in 10, 15 or 31 frequency ranges. The software can be used in two different modes:
- Learn mode lets you hear the different frequencies and learn them, monitoring the ones you have already listened to on a bargraph-style screen which shows you the frequencies you've studied the most.
- Test mode provides a way to auto-test your skill and knowledge by doing a sound dictation and displays your results for each individual frequency and a global score. You will receive a grade at the end of each test and you can post your results here.
You must be connected to the internet to use the software. Sound Chef Pro has an introductory price of €19 (including 5 consecutive installations and free updates for 2 years).
A demo version limited to 10 frequencies can be downloaded from www.soundchefpro.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- 2 New Sample Magic Libraries Sample Magic has announced the release of two new libraries, Indie-Dance and DJ Chus & Stereo Productions: 10 Years of Iberican Grooves.
- Sugar Bytes Turnado v1.0.1 Sugar Bytes has released version 1.1 of Turnado, a multi-fx plug-in for Windows and Mac.
- Naive Solutions Audiosauna Naive Solutions has launched a public beta of AudioSauna, an online audio workstation.