[Musikmesse] Gibson Les Paul Standard Bass Oversized
The Les Paul Standard Bass from Gibson USA takes the Les Paul styling and the classic design and construction— and applies them to the low end—with an "oversized" Les Paul body.
Gibson says: "From gut-thumping rumble to punchy funky snap, it's also extremely flexible and suitable to any genre, thanks to the simple yet versatile pickup and electronics complement that has made the Les Paul six-string so adaptable for nearly 60 years."
- Solid mahogany body with solid carved maple top and strategically placed tone chambers
- Quartersawn, glued-in solid mahogany neck with rounded neck profile
- 20-fret rosewood fretboard with trapezoid inlays
- PLEK-cut corian nut
- TB+ humbucking pickups with ceramic magnets
- Individual Volume and Tone controls with a three-way switch
- Tune-o-matic bridge and stud-mounted wraparound stopbar tailpiece
- Grover bass tuners with 20:1 gear ratio
Pricing & Availability
The basses are available in Goldtop (MSRP $2599), Heritage Cherry Sunburst (MSRP $2839), and ebony (MSRP $2399) finishes.
Each includes a Gibson hardshell case and owner's manual, and is covered by Gibson's Limited Lifetime Warranty and 24/7/365 customer service.
For more information: Gibson
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Warwick Steve Bailey Signature Bass Six string and fretless, the new Steve Bailey Signature Bass features bolt-on construction and a 34-inch scale length.
- [Musikmesse] Squier Matt Freeman P Bass Squier introduces the Matt Freeman P Bass, the signature model for Rancid's and Operation Ivy's bassist.
- [Musikmesse] Warwick WA Series Warwick introduces the WA300 and WA600 Amp Heads, and WCA 115 and WCA 410 Cabs.