EDIT: [Musikmesse] SSL X-Panda
Solid State Logic announce the release of X-Panda, a new 24 channel compact SuperAnalogue mixer at Musikmesse 2011.
EDIT: Pricing & Availability info have been announced:
X-Panda should be available from June 2011, priced £1899 + Tax, €2268 + Tax, $3199 + Tax.
X-Panda is a new analogue mixer aimed at project studio owners. As a standalone product it serves as a 24 input mixer that can be used for tracking (in conjunction with external mic pres) or master mix summing. In conjunction with an SSL X-Desk, X-Panda introduces 24 additional channels, which via the ‘X-Desk Link’ connection, feed into the X-Desk Master Buss, Cue and Aux Send/Return system. In conjunction with an X-Rack summing system fitted with a Master Module, X-Panda adds faders and additional inputs. X-Panda can also be used with another mixer to expand available channel count.
X-Panda provides 8 mono channels (each with Main and Alt inputs giving 16 mono inputs) and 4 stereo channels, giving a total of 24 channels at mix down. All channels feature an input Level Trim with a centre détente at Unity Gain, tri-colour signal indicator LEDs, Phase Invert, an Insert and a Direct Channel Output (which can be switched post fader). Each channel has a Stereo Cue section with dedicated Level and Pan controls. When tracking this is traditionally used to create a monitor feed to the Stereo Cue Buss Output but on mono channels Alt buttons flip the Stereo Cue section controls to adjusting the Alt input Level & Pan for mix down. Each channel features independent FX1 and FX2 send level controls (globally switched Pre/Post fader). Self illuminated heavy duty Solo and Cut buttons, Pan/Balance controls and 100mm faders complete the channel strip.
X-Panda features a stereo Mix Buss, Stereo Cue Buss and Solo Buss. When linked to an X-Desk using the ‘X-Desk Link’ connection, the X-Panda Mix Buss and Stereo Cue Buss feed into the respective Busses on the X-Desk. The Solo systems are also linked so that Soloing any channel mutes all other channels on all Linked units. Similarly when an X-Panda is Linked to an X-Desk with a Master Module fitted the Mix, Cue and Solo Busses are also Linked. It is possible to cascade up to 8 X-Desk and X-Panda units using the ‘X-Desk Link’ system.
When used as a standalone product the X-Panda main Mix Buss and FX Busses are set to sum at unity gain enabling it to act as a summing mixer without the need for Master Level controls.
- Analogue mixer
- 24 Ch Expander for X-Desk or other analogue mixer
- Adds 100mm faders and 24 Ch Inputs to an X-Rack summing system
- Stand alone 24 input summing mixer
- 8 mono fader channels with main and Alt inputs giving 16 mono inputs
- 4 stereo fader channels with Stereo Inserts and Stereo Direct Outputs
- Stereo Cue, and FX1 & FX2 mono Aux send controls
- Self illuminated Solo/cut Switches
- Desktop design with removable 19” rack ears
- Rear panel connections via DB25 D-Sub
Visit SSL for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Event Electronics 20/20BAS 2011 Edition Event Electronics announced the release of a new generation of the 20/20bas speaker.
- [Musikmesse] KRK Rockit RP10-3 The Rokit RP10-3 is a mid-field 3-way monitor system.
- [Musikmesse] Boss Micro BR BR-80 Boss announces the MICRO BR BR-80 Digital Recorder, an updated version of the MICRO BR multi-track recorder.