I use this bass for two years and I am more than satisfied.
Happy owner of a deluxe jazz bass, I could not find her suitable for the metal ... always typed too for my taste.
I bought this bass for a sound more typical and less potato ... ca does matter!
I knew that I am not too disappointed because I had tried before but the SR 500 and the wooden handle screwed too slight bother me.
The SR900 is quick to play, not tiring for a sub ... I adjust the bass and treble equalization bottom, medium in the middle and I played on the microphones to vary the colors.
It has a super black face and is light enough (compared to the fender) which leaves a lot of comfort on stage and is well balanced (no plunging neck or back).
The Jazz bass may well be an instrument of prestige with a terrible presence, it is not suitable for all styles ... Each must have its music instrument. As for metal, fusion is a SR900.
1 people found this review helpful
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
okamiken's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
- In which country was it made? (USA, Japan, Mexico, France ...)
- How many frets, what kinds of microorganisms and their configuration?
Bartolini micro MKII
- What type of bridge (Floyd, Wilkinson ...)?
- What are the settings (volume, tone, selector micro ...)?
3 EQ knobs (bass, middle and treble) a volume knob, a knob for selection of microphones, electronic active
- What kind of stick?
- The handle is it nice?
the handle is very fine, it does not tire, super tuning required
- Access to acute (last string) Is it easy?
without concern for jazz mans
- Ergonomics is it good (in terms of shape, weight ...)?
Ergonomics in the type of SDGR nor too light or too heavy
- Do you get easily a good sound ...?
YES! the sounds are varied, this would be a choice of flavors, (heayvy, jazz, funk, rock, etc etc, all sounds are possible
- Are they suitable for your style of music?
entirely. I play for the pleasure of Jamiroquai and funk / disco / motown
and for heavy metal compounds.
- With what (s) amplifier (s) or effect (s) do you play?
soundcard for direct recording (large output level for a force)
- What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "fat ",....)?
all sounds are possible precisely thanks to the handle driver (to sustain phew)
I play mainly on the volume pot knob to microphones
reglaes my EQ are; thoroughly bass, middle is 1 / 4 and a half treble (there is a 'click' on the knobs to know that you are half way)
Then depending on the style, hop = knob everything right to play in acute example "space cowboy music of the mind" of jamiroquai, very jazz, a little fretless, I love
then we take the middle position for all other standards funky, has both medium and heavy slap to explode drummer.
and then, if a rock is felt, you come all that have found serious position ... "deep purple highway star" etc etc.. metal, rock, blues ...
this famous knob change mics is like a volume knob, one reaches gently
the microphones that have want to feel like a volume knob, exellent.
Bartolini and the combining of the handle driver makes a super versatile with low to sustain whew ..
- What are the sounds you prefer, you hate?
- For how long have you been using it?
8 months, bought for € 500 ... okaz
- What thing do you like most/least about it?
I love everything!
- Did you try many other models before getting this one?
yes, in fact, banish the SDGR below it are very plastic, elkles s do not sound to my taste, they look like toys ...
I tried a 1600 deluxe SDgr that I did not like
good after 2 hours testing the low I always returned to her.
I'm playing guitar at the base and I hate the Ibanez guitars ... like what
- What is your opinion about the value for the price?
super! if you are in search of a versatile bass, which sends drive that is neither too heavy nor too light, if you do live, and she will follow you.
SEE THROUGH BLACK color is gorgeous, it varies with the light brown to very dark and some light purple .. I love it! has both discrete and banging
I put a new 9v battery on my purchase, and I do not ais has changed today after eight months.
I am delighted with this bass, I never part with it!
- Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? ...