or
Create an account

or

Thread Trying to record "what I hear" during video capture

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Trying to record "what I hear" during video capture
Hi there, just starting my search for the easy way to do this, haven't figured it out yet.

I have a new iMac 27", scarlett 2i2, Logic pro x.

What I desire to do is make desktop videos clips of me playing guitar parts with the best audio quality. Example, I have a rhythm track playing in Logic, my guitar plugged in to the scarlett and into a channel in logic to shape the guitar tone etc., then use the built in camera on the top of my iMac screen. Video captures me playing and the audio for the video i want to be what I'm hearing out of my speakers that I have plugged into the scarlett. That make sense?

The iMovie app doesn't seem to let me choose where the audio is coming from during live capture. And system preferences doesn't allow custom routing. I might need a different video capture app?
Hi,

Maybe stupid but can't you use a program that is build for things you like to do?

QuickTime for instance? You can use other interfaces with that one and still use the built-in cam.

A friend even have used jack / soundflower combinations to record jamming sessions with her friends. Even do it is not the easiest way it still can be done.

- Angelie

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

Thank you for your reply. I have heard of the sound flower thing, but it seemed like a lot of trouble to get to the end result.