or
Create an account

or

Thread Scarlett 2i2 or Saffire 6 or pro 14?

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Scarlett 2i2 or Saffire 6 or pro 14?
Hi, I'm guitar player since 4-5 years and I mainly play progressive metal and high-gain stuff.
Until now to play guitar with my macbook white 13'' Early-2009, and a cable like this http://www.emporiomusicale.it/images/articoli/460923_articolo_foto_1.jpg
using Guitar rig 5 and then export the file to Audacity to synchronize it with the backingtrack.
But now I wanna change this recording method buying a external audio interface, record my guitar track with Amplitube 3 and then use a software like ableton, which is included in focusrite audio interfaces, or logic 9, cubase etc...; for the audio interface I'm undecided between the Scarlett 2i2, the Saffire 6 and the Saffire pro 14..
(My macbook has 2Gb RAM and 2Ghz processor...they aren't that great but never mind... ;) )
I play with active pickups in my guitar, will this cause some errors with the audio interface as they have lots of inputs signal?
Which one do you recommend? ( my budget is between 120-190€)... the Scarlett 2i2 is 135€, the Saffire 6 160€ and the saffire pro 14 185€.
I wanna buy a good interface that will satisfy not only for some days/weeks... :D::D:

Thanks in advance ! :bravo::bravo::bravo:

[ Post last edited on 09/09/2013 at 15:16:12 ]