Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite Saffire Pro 40's / Mix Control & Dangerous 2-Bus

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Focusrite Saffire Pro 40's / Mix Control & Dangerous 2-Bus
Hello all,

I just purchased the Dangerous 2-Bus (https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/2BUS?utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&utm_term=Bing_PLA_All_Products) to add to my workflow and wondered if anyone has any insight, advice, on using this with the Pro 40's and setting up routing?

Any advice you may be able to offer would be GREATLY apprecaited!!

Scott
Basicly it is a summing device so let it sum.

You have 10 analog output. Leave the 1/2 for monitoring. Connect the ouputs 3...10 to the summing device.

Your control software goes in daw mode.

In your daw make 8 stereo outputs next to your main stereo bus.

Grab your drum tracks and mix them as stereo to output 3/4 ---> summer.

Grab the rest and break them up in vocal parts, basses, keys ect.
Assign them to 5/6 7/8 9/10

For me ( example) link vox tracks to the summer. If vocals are a bit soft i will not overdrive the daw but i press the +6 button to lift the vocal tracks. This way oyou got more headroom.....

Edit:
If possible route the main of the dangerous back to the daw so you can record the results.

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

[ Post last edited on 11/30/2014 at 00:24:42 ]

Thank you Angelie!!

I guess I am a little unclear as how to route it back to the DAW. I do have 2 Saffire Pro 40's.

I don't mean to sound dumb, either, so I apologize.

I assume routing back to the DAW, I will have to dedicate 2 of my current recording channels? So that will leave me with 14 instead of 16 going in?

I am not totally 100% on using that Mix Control software either; I was sent a tutorial video by Focusrite however and hope that it helps.

Thank you again!!
Your right. You will route every output ( all 16) to the dangerous. And you have to reserve 2 inputs for the return signal.

The software has a daw mode. By selecting that mode your daw audio will go directly to your interfaces outputs. This way your softmixer has no influence.

The mix volume of the tracks will be controlled by your daw software.

As a tip: you can make 8 stereo subgroups to make a mix you like to inject into the dangerous.

So basicly: drum will be mixed down as a stereo pair which in turn will be send to the dangerous.

That way you have a lot of contol over your mix inside the dangerous.

Hopes this helps

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...