Marshall JH-1 The Jackhammer
Marshall JH-1 The Jackhammer

JH-1 The Jackhammer, Distortion from Marshall in the Effects series.

THE BALD 05/29/2014

Marshall JH-1 The Jackhammer : THE BALD's user review

«  the pedal graouh »

The box to the presentation of the effect is pretty, it is an overdrive / distortion pedal, but this choice is what is what is wrong important.Pas button 1 settings for overdrive or distortion, the second for the gain and volume, bass and treble 3rd and 4th contour. it seems to me there an analog pedal, lots of choices to find the settings or sounds désirés.On has the possibility of a connection connected via a 9 volt adapter (not supplied) or a square cell with access from below remains impractical because unscrew with a screwdriver one cache, me who do not like cables and rather adept batteries, this is not the foot.

there is a manual provided (what utility), I'm not an expert but the only thing I trust is my ears.
(The only reliable thing) rendering is necessarily Marshallian, with sustain and saturated fat but perhaps with specific settings and made the amp, all can play rock, blues, metal, for the death and other derivatives must be something else like pedal once the settings found is happiness.

overdrive with the tube screamer amp gives a warm saturated with lots of harmonics, with sounds very 80's, the only pedal on the amp (5 tsa course), allows to attack more trash registers. I started to play a gibson sg standard (standard config) and a modeling amp sea., line 6 spider 3 15 watt integrated effects of sea .. the sound of the sea.
Then I recently bought a yamaha 5 tsa and there was this little box graouh flourishes above, the amp is not efficient for large saturation, the jh 1 is expressed, I complement a multi purpose zoom g3, which allows me to complete the pre-mentioned effects with delay, chorus and various tests ... There is a large grain in this small pedal with good bass, it's heavy, ideal for métal.Le its my favorite is when it is connected directly to the clear sound of the amp with a boost (g3) in addition.

If I recommend this pedal? Necessarily ... I tried store on an amp blackstar ht 1, in comparison with other pedals, the blackstar ht distortion, the mxr zw, and it was the cheapest but also the best for me as the prize ... after all it is a matter of gôut.ah yes I almost sell when I played on the line 6, on my tube amp c is made even more so I keep.
the price? I never put more than 100 euros in an overdrive, I do not play in a group so ...
The only advice I can give, try the other one, try the same deal if you can, hoping that it cleans you cages honey.