Blackout Effectors Whetstone Analog Phaser

All user reviews for the Blackout Effectors Whetstone Analog Phaser

• VishNuRoXoUtVishNuRoXoUt

What more could you want? Seriously.

Blackout Effectors Whetstone Analog PhaserPublished on 11/30/11 at 18:08
    The Blackout Effectors Whetstone Analog Phaser is one of the most incredible phaser pedals I have ever had the joys of owning. It has the standard 1/4" ins and outs, 9VDC jack and a true bypass switch. The knob on the far right, called "range" generally changes how this thing acts all together. From big luscious phasing to subtle behind the scenes to crazy ring mod and beyond. Then it has a Feedback, Rate, Level and Depth knobs. It has a switch for two or four stage phasing. A switch for vibrato or full on phasing. A symmetry knob which is really cool. A low pass to all pass switch and a sweep knob (wide to shallow) which along with the depth knob dictates this things sweep. Essentially making this one of the most versatile analog phasers in existence.

This thing sounds awesome at pretty much any setting. There is so much you can do with it that you will never be bored. The manual further explains how each knob and switch will effect the sound and makes this thing less intimidating. Right out of the box it can be somewhat overwhelming, but it definitely gets easier. You quickly find out what works for you and the sounds you hear in your head can quickly be applied to the pedal.

I've only used this with my guitar, but it's so incredible. It can get some really cool warbley settings on the ring mod mode, very usable. The phaser can get soooooo incredibly slow. I like it for really calm clean guitar passages. Really fattens things up and makes it fun. I haven't really used the fixed setting at all, so no opinion there. The pad setting is nice for aforementioned clean passages. The thing sounds great, there just aren't enough words to explain that. The pedal isn't very noisy when engaged either. Which is nice, some phasers I have played have been kind of noisy.

I really, really love this pedal. I have not a single complaint with it. Just the versatility makes it worth at the very least checking out. I can't believe what I got. I think even at full price they are well worth the money. I picked mine up for only $200USD and it's limited edition Prism Black. I've played a ton of phasers, this one is (in my honest opinion) the best one.