[NAMM] New Peavey HP Stoptail Models
Peavey has added a new fixed-bridge model to its HP™ Special Series guitar line. The new Peavey HP Special Stoptail electric guitar will now be available as a stock model.
The Peavey HP Special Stoptail guitar has features such as the Peavey Dual Compression™ tailpiece, a string-through-body design that creates a connection between the string, bridge and string ferrules. A pair of specially wound HP Special humbucking pickups are bolted directly to the body to achieve deep, rich tones, and connect to push-pull coil taps on the volume and tone controls that split the hum-canceling pickup coils to yield single-coil tones.
HP Special Stoptail guitars are available in CT (Carved Top) models with carved-maple tops and transparent finishes, and FT (Flat Top) models with flat basswood bodies and a selection of metallic and gloss solid-color finishes. All HP Special guitars are outfitted with a sculpted neck joint for access to the oil-finished, graphite-reinforced, asymmetrical hard-rock maple neck.
Additional options such as Peavey’s innovative online custom graphics web portal, where users can design custom guitars with their own JPEG images, are available through PeaveyCustomShop.com.
- 25 ½” scale with 22 frets
- Oil-finished, highly figured asymmetrical birdseye maple neck with graphite reinforcement
- Three-on-a-side headstock with enclosed die-cast Schaller® machine heads
- Three-way pickup selector
- Offset basswood body with sculpted neck joint
- Bound, figured maple arch top on CT models
- Two custom-wound HP Special humbucking pickups with coil taps
- Multi-adjustable bridge with patented Peavey Dual Compression™ tailpiece
- Master volume and tone control
- Available with birdseye maple, ebony and rosewood fretboards
- Available in transparent amber, black, burgundy, cherryburst, moonburst and tobacco burst; solid metallic blue and red; and gloss black
- Made in the U.S.A.
For more info: www.peavey.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Peavey VYPIR Tube 120H Peavey has expanded its VYPYR Series of modeling guitar amplifiers to include the new VYPYR Tube 120H Head and matching VYPYR 412 loudspeaker enclosure.
- [NAMM] Peavey JSX 50 Peavey and Joe Satriani have collaborated to create the new Peavey JSX® 50 guitar amplifier head, the latest project in the Peavey JSX Series of signature amplifiers and enclosures.
- [NAMM] gig-fx Better Than True Bypass Gig-fx inc. has released second generation versions of the Megawah and Chopper that feature 'Better than True Bypass' circuitry.