Purchased new from Bass Northwest. 1998 vintage paid about $1160, delivered to my door. Also purchase the custom hard case for it to the tune of about $150. I had been a Carvin player until I tried one of these and fell in love with it.
One solid bass. The low B is downright scarey and when coupled with the right amp can move some serious air. The guitar can be easily set-up for various string gauges due to the "Just-A-Nut". Great balance on a strap. Even came with built-in and recessed Duncan strap locks!
Can't really think of anything I don't like about it. Although the case has developed a small crack and not even sure how or why...
One solid bass. The wood is Bubinga and has a beautiful grain. The neck is fat and solid and the fretboard is Wenge and really has a beautiful grain unto itself. Only one thing that seemed to be a flaw in workmanship is that back of the body seems to have a recessed area on it that can only be seen in certain lighting and barely felt. It really doesn't bother me at all.
I love this bass and would never sell it. I have bought and sold quite a few of other brands and even some Warwick's but this model is one of their best bangs for the buck. The Thumb is too neck heavy, the Corvette Proline doesn't feel as solid, and the others seem too spendy. I would rate it a 4.5 if I could only because of the slight imperfection that I mentioned earlier, but I must "round up" to a 5.
(Originally written by altaircreed68/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
Two Mec Jazzz pickups.
Very reliable and nice looking!!!
The neck is really fast.
Great access to the upper frets, however I'm a fan of... very low frequencies (that's why it's a 5-string).
The bass is heavy but that's a sign of good quality.
I play heavy metal, melodic death (Children of Bodom), and symphonic metal (Nightwish) and everything is possible from warm to very aggressive sounds. Very versatile instrument!
The slap sound is... amazing.
I have a Harley Benton mk3 with a 4x10" speaker cabinet from the same manufacturer and even with this amp the bass sounds amazing... Imagine the sound with a Hartke or an Ampeg...
I play in a death core band and the bass produces a very powerful sound... it's a delight!!!
I got it with a gig bag and a care kit (the body must be waxed every two months). The value for money is excellent and I would buy this product again!!!
After three months of use I have now more experience and all I can say is that it sounds better... it's almost as I you had to run it for it to show its real value... Very good instrument. Warwick makes very good instruments... Perfect!!!
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
Postmortem's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
2 microphones guy jazzz
qualization 2 strips
vissbr handle />
short good big, beautiful and very reliable gear !!!
The handle is a veritable highway
The access to the treble is amazing but hey .... I am very serious so 5 strings (logic).
the weight is consquent but I take ca for proof of quality.
the bass is very very lthough quillibre.
well after ca sound !!! ...
I play (you'll laugh) melodic death metal (children of bodom) has the syphonique (nightwish) and any changes from its flowing in her hot through a filter sin aggressive short very versatile.
slap slap my god .... it's great.
I have a harley benton mk 3 to 4 times coupled 10 of the same brand and even my top it sounds to death ..... imagine Ampeg or Hartke on ....
I rentr recently in a core group of death and ca ..... good god spits ... Happiness !!!
Brief bought in 1000 with cover and maintenance kit supplied (yes you must maintain the body with wax every 2 months) the price-quality ratio is excellent bang for the money I do it again this choice !!!
ca .... here is doing mintenant three months I have ... I have more perspective and I notice that it sounds even better as if it should be let go ... rode before that it has the guts .... in short everything like good stuff .... there's nothing to say that's the big warwick good heavy the beautiful ... perfect !!!
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
bassist_Neofeat's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
- Made in Germany
- 24 frets shuffled in bronze \ money, which, according to Warwick has a better reason.
Micro MEC J / J lctronique with 2-band active.
- Bridge 2 part SPECIFICATIONS Warwick, trs trs rglages of good quality sharp are possible, as the height of the bridges, the cart between coerdes, the height of bridge etc etc!
G -1 volume push / pull (active / passive), a micro balance (bridge + medium, + handle serious roots)
- Ovangkol handle screwed into 6 points. the handle is of impressive quality ...
PS: It is true that wood is dense, the bass is a bit heavy, but personally, I take it as a surplus has certainly support but also as a guarantee of quality
- The handle is super enjoyable, c really a pleasure to browse it! Previous expressed the opinion of a purely physical contact, and yes it shows a lot!
- Access in acute is good, APRS is a 5 string, so personally I t just ms dconcert trs nothing serious!
- In terms of shape, this bass is almost perfect ... in terms of weight, it is, indeed, one of the only true default ... it is heavy, but voila, me personally, this Figure ESG me ...
- I FAOS progressive rock passages with progressive mtal, and it was quite appropriate that, she is a versatile aillerus impressive, all styles can be affordable!
- I jou a Fender 25W frontbass wam home, he quickly surrendered qd I pass in assets, and with the string of IF, it's normal! If I play on a bassforce XXL 300W AT Hughes and Kettner, and, HP 15 ", there is no problem!
- It is easy to get a desired sound thanks to the active low qualisation acute and micro balance! Frankly, it's really easy to find the sound voullu!
- Personally, I love the neck pickup sounds roots so thoroughly, otherwise the position intermdiaire ms is good, I often jou like that elsewhere, it Confre agressivit and depth at a time!
PS: the only small BMOL a legendary sound is, as ds Previous notice, the string of SI is not as prcise the other 4, ca s 'hear, me personally, and forciori with this, I SI serves as the rope supporting a large rhythm for example, must use it as a synth or effect octave, it fo sent qd high precision ... no really
- I possde the past 1 week
- I love this entire head low, it really happiness, we are jou dessu redcouvre qd is a real rgal, we chose a neighboring one grde reputable brand !
-As left-nan, I did try the fender marcus miller, ms good, the ide of my back quickly discarded ...
- The ratio quality price is excellent, the new price is 1470 euros, finally, c the price I've seen most of the gst!
- I do it again this choice two faith that pluto, c net!