- Manufactured in Japan, in the factory of Matsumoku became legendary for the quality of his guitars. My model dates from 1979 (the guitar was manufactured from 1978 1982). This is the very First Guitar Thorsound the series and therefore the rarest. She was joined by the TS 400 and TS 600 (a model of bourr lctronique useless ... and aging badly). The TS 300 is a signature Peter Green but who remembers!
- The guitar is endowed with a body rable high quality which are al wings in mahogany, it's beautiful!
- Channel rable same as the body, Bolt on system (exclusivity aria): the handle is screwed unlike TS 600 has less class but with time the al sleeve will tend to veil This is even the case with Gibson. A sleeve is screwed rgle cheaply by a luthier and especially suffered less stress. The sustain is the same (it has that look fender ...)
- Fixed bridge with string-through brass like a telecaster, giving a length standard notes, the sustain is incredible.
- Channel 24 cases a highway for the fingers, flatter than my strat and a bit wider. low and soft frets.
- Micro PROMATIC, ancestors PAF PRO DI MARZIO, it sounds!
- 1 Volume, 2 Tone knob for 3 position selector with split double single and commissioning phase / out of phase.
Navigating between fender and gibson.
I put 10 because the guitar is 31 and has not boug. I bought 450 euros in a vintage guitar shop, RVISE. The Squier my nephew last 1 year before returning it to me (shine paint, handle foir buzz microphones, a brief cajette!)
The Police guitarist playing over live, gave an idea of the quality and style of the instrument.
We can play everything from blues to Hard in funk (splitts microphones) and reggae.
The handle is more comfortable than my fender (lower action) and Section 24 as it can be quite technical things ... Come on you tube if there is no wrong doing guitarises ampricains DMOS with.
The guitar offers the choice of 9 sounds to navigate between Gibson and Fender guitar but has a "sound" is not a copy but an instrument fledged.
Perhaps -it is a bit heavy compared a strat but unless my Telecaster 66 '.
The Di Marzio Promatic does not sound like paff Gibson, the sound is more dfini, less fat, more singing. The neck pickup has a lot of potato and roundness but remains well dfini across the spectrum, enabling it to withstand very large saturation, we are in the register of a SG or PRS (I would lean rather for PRS). The bridge pickup sounds by ultra sharp against ideal for playing ACDC or stones.
Splitt mode on the bridge pickup can clner the sound of a telecaster, which is convenient for the ska, funk and even country music.
The neck pickup splitt way I do not see the interest, we get a sound basic strat.
Both connect microphones all possible to obtain really overdrive "singing", is superb, very SRP. Mode splitt we get a sound POLICE genre.
To conclude in clean mode, we will play funk, ska but no surf music, it is the stratovolcano Superior for surf music. I know that has not intresse person but I am a fan of shadows etc ... So it sounds very vintage 70 '.
In overdrive, it can play Led Zeppelin, Hendrix's, hard.
Saturation in big you will not get a modern sound has always sounds Hard Blues but the great definition microphones can play Van Halen or Satriani (if you get there, it's not my case).
I possde thirty guitars, I was looking for this model for 15 years but the prices asked some people levs: for 79 in good condition count between 450 and 700 euros. I got 450 in a vintage shop, it's a good deal.
The TS 300 is simple and solid, but be aware that the sound is typ 70 ', if you want a modern sound (yuck ...) must buy Jackon or ESP.
But I wondered: Why Japanese was there 30 years of best guitars that existing instruments unless they put more than 1500 euros?
I have a squier japan 1985 HH contemporary sounding better and better handle possde my strat US? I do not understand.
Another question: Why Chinese and Corenne guitars are so mdiocres while the Japanese were manufactured for affordable guitars that can hold 30 or 40 without any problem.
Finally, I would say that if you play hard blues, this guitar has no rival. Peter Green was a good guitar player, he logically designed a good instrument.
There are 2 demos 4 minutes on YouTube made by Americans who will give you an idea of the potential of this guitar, it is well worth a fender or gibson 2000 euros!
- Signing Peter Green
- Manufactures in the Matsumoku factory in Japan from 1979 1982
- 2 humbucker MK 45 ProMatic, which are actually Di Marzio
- Maple body with two wings mahogany
- Handle screwed in maple, ultra fast and comfortable
- Rope through the body like a telecaster
- Quite heavy brass easel
- Split the humbucker in single
my guitar is 1981, I do not even have to handle rgler nothing boug!
The handle is a highway 24 cases, much better than a fender, the action is really very low.
Guitar a bit heavy (it's solid wood), but nothing even with my standard gibson has still bearable.
6 all relevant sounds
One can go tease box 24 without problem!
The strong point of this guitar, it sounds rounder my Lespaul, dfini much as I play with 2000 euros guitars that sound less!
With non splitt was humbuckers big sound, suitable to blues to rock to hard of 70.80 years. It's great for riffs and solos of Santana, sustain amazing, the Superior Les Paul!
Mode splitt are obtained really slap sounds kind vintage Stratocaster; it's amazing.
You can really play anything with this guitar blues or even the Mtal (blah)
Buy 500 euros there is 4 years old, I knew that manufactures guitars by Matsumoku are Superior to current USA so I do not take big risks.
What I like most is all wood look that really class. I also love the microphones Promatic Di Marzio, which sounds great,
What I like least: the rates begin to climb Seriously for its vintage guitars!
I'll sell the Les Paul (I dteste handle) and keeping the ts 300 as main guitar is the same sound but with a quick run and I'm soloist. Otherwise, I also have a strat US 98, but it sounds worse than Aria and especially dsaccorde it all the time. The aria is Suprieure it because it is quiet and reliable!