Gibson Joan Jett Signature Melody Maker
Gibson has announced the release of the Joan Jett Signature Melody Maker, an electric guitar designed and produced in close cooperation with the rock legend herself.
The model pays tribute to the iconic Melody Maker Jett played on hits like "I Love Rock N' Roll," and "Do You Wanna Touch Me" and, true to her trailblazer status, marks the first Gibson electric signature model designed in conjunction with a female artist.
Gibson's Joan Jett Signature Melody Maker features a lightweight, slab mahogany body with a White Worn finish. Handcrafted to the same specs as Jett's original guitar, the slim-tapered neck profile is similar to the Les Pauls and SGs of the mid to late 1960s. According to Gibson, the fingerboard is constructed from the highest grade of ebony on the planet, Jett's personal choice for her signature Melody Maker, and the headstock features Gibson's classic, silk-screened logo.
The classic, snarling growl of Jett's original Melody Maker is accurately captured by a single Gibson Burstbucker 3 zebra humbucker, slightly overwound with asymmetrical coils, unpolished Alnico II magnets, and all the punch and power of an original Gibson PAF pickup. The tuners are mini-Grovers with authentic "witch hat" knobs, exactly as they are on Jett's guitar. A "kill" switch replaces the normal Gibson toggle switch, and the body is outfitted with a period-correct black vinyl pickguard. The guitar also includes such typical Melody Maker features as 24-inch scale length and the standard Gibson Tune-o-matic and stopbar tailpiece.
- Body Style: "California" Body Shape
- Body Species: Mahogany
- Fingerboard Species: Ebony
- Scale Length: 24 3/4"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Pickups: One Burstbucker 3 Pickup (Zebra Coil) in the Bridge position
- Controls: Kill Switch Black Witch-hat knobs with Chrome inserts
- Neck Species: One Piece Mahogany Neck
- Neck Profile: Rounded
- Nut Width: 1.695"
- Neck Join Location: 16
- Truss Rod Cover: Joan Jett Signature on the Truss Rod Cover
- Plating Finish: Chrome
- Tailpiece: Chrome
- Bridge: Chrome
- Knobs: Black Witch-hat Knobs with Chrome Inserts
- Tuners: Chrome Mini-Grover Special Tuners
Viewers of this article also read...
- Luna Guitars introduces the Neo Already known for its lines of artistic guitars, Luna Guitars releases the "Neo" Series, an innovative new line of electric instruments especially designed and engineered to appeal to young musicians.
- Retro-Sonic Announces Distortion Pedal Retro-Sonic Inc. announces the latest addition to their popular vintage-inspired boutique effect pedal line.
- Shadow Upgrades SH141 Pickup The newest version of Shadow's famous soundhole pickup SH 141 is now available.