• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Behringer Ultratwin GX212

Average Score:4.4( 4.4/5 based on 14 reviews )
 9 reviews64 %
 4 reviews29 %
 1 user review7 %
MGR/Guitarist denis Taaffe05/18/2004

MGR/Guitarist denis Taaffe's review"Behringer GX2112 Utlratwin Combo Amp"

paid $199,bought two of them for guitar setup

awesome clean channell with jensen speakers,for $199 you get fender twin quality sounds,handles fx pedals like digitech rp-50 sweet, basically this amp rocks

the lead ch. is a complete waste of time, the worst I ever heard compared to the awesome clean sound. But great for just a tad of overdrive. try one of these with a rp-50 digitech pedal and you got the best sounds out there.

fine used on 3 gigs thus far

I would highly recommend this amp as long as you realize that the clean channell kicks butt and sounds tube like and that the lead ch. is a piece of crap.also, 2 of them gives unreal stereo sound,one is ok,but kind of weak.

MGR/Unhappy Behringer customer04/20/2004

MGR/Unhappy Behringer customer's review"Behringer Gx212 Ultratwin Guitar Amp"

Musician's Friend
Nov. '03
179.00 Plus Shipping

This was purchased because I needed an amp
with 2-12 inch speakers. I also liked the idea of built in digital effects. The price was also exceptional.

Upon receiving the amp, I was impressed with the clean sound, expressive effects, and power output. It was all that I hoped for.

The Amp worked well for 4 months, then just died--no output even though the power still came on. Since it was over 45 days since the purchase was made, Musician's Friend would not take care of an exchange or repair, even though I paid extra for their Gold extended warranty. They gave me Behringer's service phone number. I had to get a return authorization number and ship the amp to New York to have it repaired. It cost 24.00 for shipping. It took over 3 weeks to have it serviced and returned. Upon opening the box, I found that the styrofoam protectors that I used to ship it to New York were all crumbled up in the box, and it was shipped back to me with no protection at all. It was obvious from the condition of the box that it had been banged around pretty good. The amp was turned on and it worked ok--for 20 minutes that is. After 20 minutes it cut in and out constantly. Anyone considering buying any product from Behringer should think twice. Poor product and poor product service. In fact, I would not recommend buying any large product thru mail order unless you know for sure there is an authorized service center in you local area.

Construction seemed fine.
Quality is very poor.

Buyer Beware of Mail Order products. Beware especially of Behringer products.

MGR/CaStEeL01/30/2004

MGR/CaStEeL's review"Behringer GX212"

Behringer Ultratwin GX212
I read the reviews on gearreview and decided that this would be the best bang for the buck.
I am recently getting back into playing after a 7yr. drought and with only an acoustic guitar.
I went to musicians friend and purchase the amp for 249.99.

There are many things I enjoy about this amp. First I really enjoy the excellent clear tones and the effects are amazing.
I has read a lot of reviews and they said the amp didn't have great distortion so I purchased a dod death metal pedal. But the fact is it really has great overdrive to fairly ballsy distortion. As for the pedal I think I should have went for Boss or Marshall.

After two months I haven't found any. I love it so much I hope it never needs serviced, +I don't know where to get repairs done?

As good as any very nice. A kind of vintage fender look and feel.

Great Price. Great Sound! Hurry and get one before they raise the prices on these things!
casteel0913@mchsi.com

MGR/Jared12/28/2003

MGR/Jared's review"Behringer GX212 Ultratwin"

Behringer Ultratwin GX212
I bought this unit from the fine people at musician's friend. I had heard many good things about Behringer and the price was astounding to me so I went ahead and picked one up for 200 bucks not including shipping.

I really like the clarity of the clean channel. I play with a standard telecaster and the twang is really brought out by the tone of the clean channel.

As much as I play around with the unit and toggle the knobs, I can't seem to find a good distortion tone on the overdrive channel. So I just use pedals instead.

The unit seems to be built really solid. Very rugged and tough. Can take this one anywhere with much less worry about damage.

This is a really good amp (especially for the price) I would advise anyone to at least TRY one out. I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase and the amp gets the job done: Bottom Line!

MGR/Tony Pietro12/23/2003

MGR/Tony Pietro's review"Behringer GX-212"

Behringer Ultratwin GX212
Purchase my Ultratwin GX212 online from Musiciansfriend.com for $199.99! I got this for myself as a Xmas gift. I had a Zoom Fire 15 and sold it to raise money for this amp. I needed a low cost modeling amp that mainly for home and some jam sessions with my usual gang of musicians.

I had a Zoom 15 watt modeling amp which I had got back in Sept 2003 and paid $180 with tax. I couldn't believe that you can get a high quality modeling amp as good as this GX212 for such a low price and I'm glad I snapped this one up. The versatility of this amp is unbelievable. I have 2 guitars, and ES-335 copy by Washburn and a Strat copy by Yamaha. Both sound great through this amp. I've spent hours trying all the diffrent efects through both the clean and overdrive channel. The amp nails the Fender Twin amps down to a tee! I've hooked up my casio keyboard to the aux input and it sounded great with no distortion and in stereo to boot!. I could go on and on but you must try this amp. No need to spend more money than needed as this amp outclasses anything in it's price range and higher in some cases.

Very little not to like. I bought the extended waranty from musicians friend but doubt I'll ever need it. The only thing I wish they had included was a more extensive cheat sheet as some others have mentioned as a spring board for setting up amp simulations (e.g., Marshall, Fender, Vox, etc.)

Quality so far has been excelent. Wish I had money for the midi-controller foot pedal. Amp is moderately heavy and solidly built. Sound is very clean with some minor noise at high gain on the distortion settings, but this is typical for these effects. I am very impressed with the sturdiness and overall build quality.

Everyone I've shown this amp to so far could not believe that this high quality, great sounding amp cost so little. Three friends said they intend to purchase it for themselves after hearing this amp.

I would rate this a 5 for it's quality, price, performance ratio!

MGR/Rick T.12/21/2003

MGR/Rick T.'s review"Behringer GXS212 Ultratwin"

Behringer Ultratwin GX212
Acquired from zZsounds for approx 250.00 including shipping. This seemed like a bargain for a 100 watt amplifier that included modeling effects. And it is!!!!

This unit has sufficient power for working with a group that I jam with in my small studio. I can get volume on a good clean sound with virtual tube effects with sufficient power to spare. So far, I have not found an effect or amplifier sound that I could not emmulate. In some cases, this amp actually seems to sound better than the one I am emulating.

hmm... I like everything about this amp. I have read bad reviews on it regarding quality, but mine is just as good as when I first turned it on a few months ago.

Standard combo amp. Good quality construction. Asthetically appealing.

Great bargain. I highly recommend this amp for anyone that just wants to jam with some friends. This has enough power and flexibility to keep up in any venue intended for jamming with buds.

MGR/Miusx11/27/2003

MGR/Miusx's review"Behringer Ultratwin GX212"

From 8thstreet music at $269.00 USD,Because he ship's to Canada

WOW! Finally found the guitar amp I always wanted.

I'ved been playing guitar for almost 30 years now and this is the first time I can get the sound I always wanted from a guitar(tube) amp and at about any volume level I tried.Well first the clean side is clean and sightly crunchy,that's fine,just what I need.But On the overdrive Channel that's where the magic start's.the overdrive section is just amazing,I'ved heard some upper harmonics never heard before on a guitar amp and the flexibility is just fantastic,the morphing knob is just about the greatest thing a guitarist could ask for,this give's you the tonal flexibility I never heard before,you gotta' try this amp and give you some time to find your sound,believe me it's worth the try.The price tag is a joke or they really like and understand musicians at Behringer...

The only sad side is not bein' able to foot switch the Mid boost but, hey! that's not too hard to make or replace with a pedal,and at that price it's a gift for musicians and you can't expect to have it all.

Excellent construction,Has solid as any amp's I've seen,so far so good

it's about the same price I paid for my Peavey "classic 50" in 1978 but it's so much more versatile and almost endless in tonal possibilities.I also had Marshall's and Fender's,etc.I use a 1991 fender Strat ultra and it just blew me away...https://static.audiofanzine.com/images/audiofanzine/interface/smileys/icon_smile.gif

MGR/mike09/06/2003

MGR/mike's review"Crate GX-212"

Behringer Ultratwin GX212
i got it at angello gallo's in farmingville, ny for about $375 (tax and all...)

i always loved crate distortion. ths lives up to it by far. it has alot of knobs and whatnot so you can deffinately find the sound you want. the footswitch is nice too, no need to buy a distortion pedal. this thing is also sturdy as hell and can be literally kicked in the grill and still work. (THANKS DAD!)

the first overdrive channel is worthless as it has no shape control. the "clean" channel isnt clean at all. the arent too many effects, just reverb. its ok if youre a straight up about metal but there could be more for the price. its also INSANELY HEAVY.

indestrucable, itll last a nuclear halocost

buy one if youre gonna play neck breaking straight up metal. nothing fancy. if you want to destroy ears buy this but if want to wow someone, buy a gfx or a glx. kill people

MGR/Anonymous02/28/2003

MGR/Anonymous's review"Behringer Ultra-Twin GX 2X12 Combo"

Behringer Ultratwin GX212
AFTER LOOKING AT REVUEWS I DECIDED TO PURCHASE FROM MUSICIANS FRIEND. PRICE WAS 299 DOLLARS. ORDERED ON MONDAY, GOT IT FRIDAY...EXCELLENT SERVICE!

EVERY THING!
THIS AMP IS AWESOME...YOU HAVE TO PLAY WITH IT FOR AWHILE TO GET "YOUR SOUND" BUT IT'S IN THERE SOME WHERE. ALL THE EFFECTS WORK WELL AND I BET SET UP RIGHT WOULD REALLY WHALE. THIS THING BEGS FOR A 4X12 CAP TO BRING OUT THE BOTTOM AND THE RICH STEREO SOUND. REMEMBER THOUGH, THERE'S ALOT OF EFFECTS AND IT TAKES A WHILE TODIAL IN..DON'T JUST CRANK EVERYTHING UP OR IT'LL SOUND CRAPPY..TUNE IT IN..FOR LOW PLAYING LEVELS TURN THE DIRTY CHANNEL VOLUME DOWN TO 2 OR 3 AND TURN UP THE MASTER VOLUME A LITTLE FOR SOME DISTORTION WITH NO EFFECTS ON...JUST MESS WITH IT YOU'LL FIND SOMETHING COOL!

I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS..ALL I CAN SAY IS THERES AN OPTIONAL MIDI FOOT BOARD FOR CONTROLLING EFFECTS AND THERE'S SO MANY OF THEM YOU NEED A PEDAL BOARD EVENTUALLY...I'LL HAVE TO GET ONE SOME DAY FOR IT....

WELL, I'LL TELL YA, IT'S A NICE LOOKING AMP. METAL CONER CAPS, STURDY CABINET, AND A NEAT CRINKLY TYPE FINISH FOR DURABILITY. ALL KNOBS ARE CLEARLY MARKED, THE BIG OL' JENSEN SPEAKERS LOOK NICE AND ARE WIRED IN WELL. ITS ABOUT 59 POUNDS AND IT'S SOLID......IT HAS JACKS IN THE BACK FOR JUST ABOUT ANYTHING ANYONE WOULD EVER USE AN AMP LIKE THIS FOR. EXCELLENT SOUND...LIKE I SAID YOU GOTTA MESS WITH IT, BUT AFTER YOU FIGURE OUT WHATS WHAT YOUR GOOD TO GO. EXCELLENT DIGITAL CONTROLLS OF EFFECTS AS WELL.

SOME PEOPLE DONT LIKE TRANS TUBE VIRTUAL TUBE SOLID STATE AMPS...BUT THIS ONE ROCKS AND IF SOME ONE WOULDA HAD ONE OF THESE 20 YEARS AGO I'D BE A BREAK THROUGH...AND FOR 299!!!! IT'S BASICALLY A CHEAPER VERSION OF A LINE 6 OR SOMETHING....ADDING A 4X12 CABINET ( ALSO AVAILABLE FROM BEHRINGER FOR 250 BUCKS) WOULD REALLY OMMAND SOME RESECT FOR THIS THING. IF YOUR A BEGINER YOU'LL LOVE IT AND IF YOUR A PRO YOU'LL FIND SOME THING TO DO WITH IT I'M SURE...CAN'T BEAT IT FOR THE PRICE...PEOPLE ARE VERY PICKY ABOUT HOW AMPS SOUND AND I THINK THIS ONE FOR IT'S INTENDED PURPOSE WILL IMPRESS MOST...IT DID ME, AND YES, IT'S LOUD ENOUGH TO PISS OFF THE NEIGHBORS!

MGR/Marshall Row02/26/2003

MGR/Marshall Row's review"Behringer GX212"

Behringer Ultratwin GX212
This is the best kept secret in guitar amplifiers! I had read several positive reviews about Behringer amplifiers and decided to buy one of my own. I purchased it online froma music store in Florida for $250.00

This was, without a doubt, one of the best purchases I have ever made. The sound is so amazingly clean and the distortion is very crisp. The onboard effects allow for great versatility. For the price, you can't beat what this amp offers. It clearly rivals Marshall and Crate, without question.

It is a wee bit heavy.