All user reviews for the Line 6 Spider 212

( 4.1/5 based on 12 reviews )
7 reviews
2 reviews
2 reviews
  • MGR/Ryan WinstonMGR/Ryan Winston

Line 6 Spider 212Published on 07/11/04 at 15:00
    I bought this amp about 6 months ago at a local Guitar Center. It cost $650 and i bought the pedal for $70. THE BEST DEAL I EVER MADE!!!

This is a GGGGGRRRREEEEAAAATTTT amp. It is the best amp i have ever played on. The 100 watts(200 watts max) rumbles my house at a quarter of the volume. It has great clear sound and can be heard from a mile away. The digital effects are great! You can change from 6 different models that all are awesome.You can change from pure clean to pure insanity. The distortion is awesome. there are many effects that you can add on to your sound that all sound great! I love how you can save 4 settings and change to them any second.I love this amp!

Nothing!!! The pe…

Nothing!!! The people at line 6 must all be genuisses(unlike me). Every thing about this amp is perfect.

This amp has great, great, great construction. Since i have had it, nothing has broken, not worked, of been damaged! The quality is unbelieveable. Every time i plug my fender into it, it sounds like new. Awesome!

I love this amp. It is the loudest, clearest, best sounding amp ever! Everything about it is great. If you ever need an amp, get this. You will be amazed!!!

• MGR/I Like DirtMGR/I Like Dirt

Line 6 Spider

Line 6 Spider 212Published on 06/27/04 at 15:00
    I bought the amp from a friend second hand (but only used twice) for £100 but I don't know how much it useually costs.

The quality of sound, it is amazing!! From sleek clean jazz tones to blow your head off heavy metal insane distortion.

Brilliant if you are playing, classic, jazz, country, britrock, punk, indie, blues, metal - the list goes on and on...

It also comes with handy features like noise gate, extra gain, and loads of smart fx.

It has no line out, which isn't much good if your in a band (but you can always just put a microphone and get much better quality than a line out anyway), it has an upgrade, the Spider 2, which is probably 100 times better which makes me jelous and the amp is quiet on the high gain settings up to a quater of the up and after that it is just to loud.

But thats about it, it has hardly any cons.

I can't really tell because it barely goes out of my room but I use it as a seat alot and it seems to still be alright so I guess it is sturdy enough.

The buttons and knobs are still attached and everything works so they are okay... theres not much more to say.

This amp is brilliant!!! Definately to impress, for more imformation go to; www.line6.com.

• MGR/SteveMGR/Steve

Line 6 Spider 2 212

Line 6 Spider 212Published on 01/10/04 at 15:00
    I aquired this unit from the guitar amp and keyboard center in Brighten and payed a grand total of £329.

Likes its a lot of fun to play with the effects are great and having three on at once sounds good with some tweaking. The presets are really good to get you started.

The clean channel is a bit wooden, i know its a modeling amp but it really lacks any character at all. The two stomp scrolling footswitch isnt good enough to quickly access sounds live meaning you need to fork out another 70 quid for the fbv4 footswitch. For 150 watts its not exactly screaming with power. You also get a lot of feedback.

It looks really cool but i dont think it would last 20 years like a marshall and the knobs are a bit wierd.

I enjoyed experimenting with this amp but after two days i realised it wasnt the amp for me. I use a boss metalzone for my distortion and the clean channel just wasnt up to scratch. I took it back and got a marshall avt 275 which is a far superior amp for tone. I still think its a good amp but i think the spider 2 amps are much more begginer amps. The effects are good but the clean channel is tooweak for my tastes.

• MGR/Antonio JuaneMGR/Antonio Juane

Line 6 Spider 212Published on 02/20/03 at 15:00
    I bought this at Guitar Center in Lynnwood, Wa for $650 and an extra $70 for the four-button footswitch

This amp has a very versatile sound. It has multiple settings designed to emulate certain amps, from Fender Twins to Mesa Boogie Rectos. The heavy distortion "insane" setting is great for metal leads, and the clean sound is very expressive, especially with a little chorus and reverb.

The stock channel settings weren't up to my standards. For the most part, this can be taken care of with a little tweaking of the equalizer; however, the blues channel is just too muddy to use with single-coils (I recommend the clean channel), but sounds OK with humbuckers.

Also, the "insane" setting …

Also, the "insane" setting is a little too messy to be used for rhythm guitar. It loses its clarity when playing chords; it is best to use this setting solely for lead.

The four-channel setup is great. Once you get your ideal channels set up, it only takes a flick of the footswitch to get (not all, but) many of the sounds that you want.

It's a standard combo amp, nothing more, nothing less. The covering is vinyl, and it feels fairly durable. You may not want to drop off of a building or anything, but for standard uses the construction is solid enough.

I would have preferred casters on this amp (it is a little heavy), but those can be added.

This is a good amp, in terms of its versatility and metal-ripping abilities. However, if you put this head-to-head with an all-tube amp, it's obvious that the Line 6 can't pull the same tone and clarity duties as the tube. Overall, the distortion has a great lead sound, and the clean is just sparkling. In terms of rock or blues rhythm, it could be better.

The bottom line: if you can find a used tube half stack or combo in decent condition for less, that may be the better option (unless you're into the muddy sound, as some people are). But, for me, I think a tube amp with a good distortion box would have sufficed (but then I would have lost the versatile sound).

After much debating, I would call this match a draw. Go play the amps yourself, compare, and decide which best suits your personal style.

• MGR/James GoodwinMGR/James Goodwin

Line 6 Spider 212Published on 01/25/03 at 15:00
    I was looking for my first serious amp and man did I find it. I looked in many guitar mags and shops for a long time. At first I was going to get a Bandit, but then I found the Spider. It was $714 at Grand performance, I had already seen the amp in Musicians Friend for $649. So I talked them into selling to me for that price, and it was worth every cent.

Let me start with, this amp is awsome I mean sweet with a capital S. It has a bunch of diffirent amp modles and affects. I am in love with this amp. Its cool looking and packs a huge punch. Its big, but will fit nicely on a desk or a shelf, and loud enough to play gigs. It makes even the less quality made guitars sound god. I played on the bandit with a ernieball musicman axis($1529), then played the Spider with a crudy squire($199)and belive it or not it sounded better. This amp is awsome. I would deffinatly invest in this product.

Well It doesn't come with a pedal to switch between the chanals, which is a draw back but that can befixed with a small sum of $80 trust me its worth the extra cash. Its heavy but thats only a problem for sume.Other than that their is nothing wrong with this amp, nata, zilch, zipp, its great.

Oh it is built solid like a rock. So far it has survived manycar rides in the back. Nice leather covering and prtective plastic sides. Its heavy but only because its well built. Very well built and looks cool to.

Bottom line buy this amp its sweet, it looks cool, sounds great, feels great, It is great! If you want a serious amp that sounds like no other get a Line6. You wont be sorry. Oh and have fun on your new spider.

• MGR/Ben RusczekMGR/Ben Rusczek

Line 6 Spider 212Published on 06/30/02 at 15:00
    I paid $650 dollars for this at Music Men in Springfield, MA. The price was origianally a rediculous $900, but we showed the store owner an ad for guitar world and he matched the price. Before i got this i only had a 15 watt Crate amp. It was solid but not if i wanted to perform. If you are looking for an amp that you can really crank up and keep good sound, this amp is for you, and i strongly urge you to pay the 150 more dollars to get this amp instead of the crate 212, which has weak distortion and no surprises.

This is a great amplifier. It has a huge variety of different sounds, this is a wonderful 2nd amp, or even for the serious muscian. The disortion is amazing, it has the quality of a 200 dollar disortion pedal. You can crank this amp up and keep good sound. I was playing in front of at least 150 people and i didnt have to turn it up more than half way.

well i have to be honest. The effects could be better. The flange isnt all that special, but i like the courus even though it doesnt compare to a pedal, but it still does the job. The reverb is pretty lifeless, but the delay is fabulou, especially the pin-pong version because it lasts a long time.

construction? well ive had mine for 2 1/2 years and not a mark on it. I guess you could say the quality is exellent.

This amp is great all around. I strongly urge anyone to go out and purchase this amplifier. IT has unbeliveable distortion and some alright effects, and best of all its loud as hell. Trust me, go bye this amp right now.

e-mail me if you have any specific questions, id be more than happy to help.

• MGR/Russ NienhouseMGR/Russ Nienhouse

Line 6 Spider 212Published on 03/01/02 at 15:00
    I bought this amp at Dels Music in Holland Michigan. I got the guy that works there to match the musicans friend's price so I bought it.

When I started looking for a nice amp to buy I was basicaly looking for a quality amp with out too many onboard effects and plenty of power. I dont really like onboard FX because going to an amp to change them is a hastle. I wanted an amp that was prime to plug a RP2000 or a gnx3 into. The spider was what I found

I have no complaints what-so-ever!

The quality is top notch and solid all the way.

I have no complaints what-so-ever!

The quality is top notch and solid all the way.

If you want a powerhouse and an amp with plenty of balls, then get this amp! Its the best quality and not expensive at all when you look at all you're getting.

• MGR/AnonymousMGR/Anonymous

Line 6 Spider 212Published on 06/30/01 at 15:00
    I paid $650 for it at a local guitar center

What can I say. When I bought this amp I wasnt expecting to get such an awesome piece of equipment. I had my doubts about going out and buying a combo amp when everyone else was walking out and buying stacks. Locally it seems as though everyone has a Marshall combo or stack, and I can say from experience that Marshall distortion doesnt have anything on my Spider. I basically bought a Line6 so I wouldnt have a Marshall, and now everyone seems to be envious of my superior choice. Try the insane setting... definitely the most insane distortion you will get out of any amp. no pun intended

The built in effects could use some work. The Flange is good,…
    I paid $650 for it at a local guitar center

The built in effects could use some work. The Flange is good, but its got nothing on a pedal. The delay and chorus are great, as is the ping pong affect since you cant really get it out of anything but a stereo amp. As good as it sounds though, its not exactly flawless on the tube emulating. You can tell the difference, but personally I think there are advantages to a solid state.

The construction is awesome. Its built really nice and I actually didnt notice that the speakers were angled until after I bought it. I try my best to take care of it, and not a scratch so far. I guess thats all I can ask for. Built solid... but pretty damn heavy to say the least.

Ive been playing guitar for a few years now and I have been searching for distortion like this everywhere. Ive been through tons of pedals, and nothing compares to the insane setting on this. If you solo on it you get a bright cutting distortion that screams, and when you mute the strings you can literally shake the room. I practice with a live drummer and a band and I still cant turn it up more than a quarter of the way or I'm drowning everyone out. LOUD amp. Lately Ive been playing a lot of Tool and A perfect Circle style music with it. keep the gain at a moderatly low level with a lot of bass and you have some nice warm distortion to rival Adam Jones. try the insane setting with heavy chorus and you can get some Billy Howerdell solos in there too. Awesome amp... screw Marshall... this is a no brainer. You will not regret it.

• MGR/AnonymousMGR/Anonymous

Line 6 Spider 212Published on 06/25/01 at 15:00
    I had been saving for this unit for quite some time. I was looking around in magazines and web pages for the cheapest price. I looked at musicinas friend and saw it, it was $650.00 plus tax and shipping and handling and the totla came out to be like $720.00 or someting. I kept looking, I went to music123.com and saw it there for $602.00 and called to see how much it would come to with tax and shipping and handling. There was no tax and free shipping and handling. So a came to a conclusion and bought the unit. It was a very good investment.

What I like about the Line 6 Spider 212 is definately the power. It's got a lot of "beef". I like how it has its own modeler and different effects built into it for modeling, it makes thing easy. The Line 6 Spider so far has been a good investment and a very reliable.

Frankly there is nothing I don't like about the unit, besides the fact that it is kind of a hasle to pack around a little heavy. oh well!

The Line 6 Spider to my perspective is a very good quality unit not only sound but its constrution is very well done. It is loaded with 2 12" speakers and has 100 watts with 200 watt max. 67 pounds and incredibly tone. Beautiful apmlifier.

In conclusion I love my amp and I hop it stays up and keeps working like it has been. Well see what happens and where my amp and I end up.

• crom23crom23

Line 6 Spider 212Published on 10/10/04 at 02:02
    (This content has been automatically translated from French)
    Amp transistors 6 MODELING
    2 hp 12 '
    2x50W stereo
    Delay, flanger, phaser, chorus, tremolo ...
    a general setting, and reverb effects independent of other
    connectors on the front
    ability to program four adjustable presets
    4-band EQ

Use of this amp is very simple, we chose one of 6 to 1 amp knob one side with a choice of grain to another knob, equalizer serious, 2 medium, sharp and we add the desired effect, the all coupled with an independent reverb.

The amp was a try with a Fender Start Elite
    With that we get enough good sounds in general, although I preferred the sounds clearer notement the blues amp.

It the…
    Amp transistors 6 MODELING
    2 hp 12 '
    2x50W stereo
    Delay, flanger, phaser, chorus, tremolo ...
    a general setting, and reverb effects independent of other
    connectors on the front
    ability to program four adjustable presets
    4-band EQ

The amp was a try with a Fender Start Elite

It therefore very versatile and suitable for all styles of music.
    It is a good value because mimics several kinds of amp and is found by chance around € 400.
    Ideal for those who do not have the budget for this pay several amp.