VOX Valvetronix VT+ Series
VOX Amplification has enhanced its Valvetronix amplifier line with the new Valvetronix VT+ Series.
Enhancements include more amp models, more effects, more presets and more power.
The Valvetronix VT+ Series features a new Power Level control. Lowering the Power Level is designed to provide full gain tone at modest listening volumes. Turning the Power Level control up into the shaded area of the knob will summon up reserve power (up to an extra 40 Watts), useful for cutting through the mix.
The VT+ Series incorporates the VOX Valve Reactor circuit, which places a 12AX7 vacuum tube in the power stage for true tube-amp tone. The preamp/modeling stage includes 33 musically accurate amplifier models, from VOX classics to mainstays and exotic boutique amps. Each of the 33 models features three variations – Basic, with Effects and Song – for a total of 99 ready-to-use presets.
The 25 onboard effects are divided into Pedal, Modulation/Delay and Reverb categories, plus Noise Reduction. Multiple categories can be used at once to create richer complex sounds. The effects can be quickly edited and adjusted directly from the amplifier panel.
The Headphone/Lineout jack features VOX emulated speaker response, allowing for full amp/speaker sound when listening through headphones or recording directly. A stereo line input is also provided for jamming to MP3s, CDs, etc. The optional VFS5 footswitch allows hands-free control of effect and reverb on/off, plus control of tap-tempo timing, etc.
There are four models available in the Valvetronix VT+ Series:
- VT20+: 30 Watts max.; Single 8” VOX speaker U.S. MSRP $280.00
- VT40+: 60 Watts max.; Single 10” VOX speaker Pricing TBD
- VT80+: 120 Watts max.; Single 12” VOX speaker Pricing TBD
- VT120+: 150 Watts max.; Dual 12” VOX speakers Pricing TBD
Viewers of this article also read...
- Vibesware GR-Junior Vibesware Guitar Resonators are effect devices for guitar feedback playing introduced in 2008, designed to agitate one or multiple strings by a magnetic field from a driver mounted on a stand.
- Dunlop Black Fang Based on a vintage tortoise-shell pick, the Black Fang is made of =Ultex material with "a defined tone and sharp attack."
- Gibson 70th Anniversary John Lennon J-160E in 3 Versions At the request of Yoko Ono, Gibson Guitar offers three 70th Anniversary John Lennon J-160E acoustic guitars.