Audience: Anyone Value For Money : Correct
Editorial review
Bundle of Joy

A review of the Soundtoys 5 native effects bundle

From EchoBoy to FilterFreak to Crystallizer, Decapitator and more, Soundtoys plug-ins are super-creative tools that offer users the potential to take their music to new sonic places The new Soundtoys 5 native bundle (Mac/PC) offers that and then some, with the addition of all the plug-ins the company developed subsequent to the release of the previous bundle, Soundtoys Native Effects 4, plus a brand new plug-in, Primal Tap. What’s more, the company has added the Effect Rack, a container plug-in that can host multiple Soundtoys plugs simultaneously. Read more…
  • Amok_Amok_

Full-featured and inspiring

Soundtoys Soundtoys 5Published on 05/31/16 at 06:10
    I bought V4 with a discount, and since I didn't have an iLok key I waited until October to get V5.
    I use it on a windows 7 64 system, with an i7 PC, using the software iLok.

All effects are very complete with (too?) many parameters, and the many included presets are welcome to help shape the whole.

Effects can be used individually or added within the rack, hence turning the rack into an effect chaining source.

The effects themselves are not so CPU-hungry, but the rack soon starts to be felt especially with several effects loaded. There are not so many rack presets, and all these reasons axplain why I don't use it.

My favorite effects are Decapitator, a saturation plugin I prefe…
    I use it on a windows 7 64 system, with an i7 PC, using the software iLok.

My favorite effects are Decapitator, a saturation plugin I prefer to SDRR; Echoboy, which is an all-purpose delay; Crystallizer, a sort of delay with an emphasis on high frequencies; and the Devil Loc, a kind of cruncher which sounds very good on drums - but not only.
    Although I consider them less essential, the other effects are all well done.

For the price I spent for it, I'm more than happy of it.
    At full price, it's not so much of a bargain but its reputation is justified. Very good effects, always good to keep at hand!