Create an account

(1 reviews)
(1 review)
Audience: Anyone Value For Money : Correct
  • azraikazraik

The pedal that's always on.

Lovepedal Eternity BurstPublished on 04/03/15 at 15:56
    Overview

The Lovepedal Eternity "Burst" overdrive pedal is one of many discontinued editions that Lovepedal has released over the years. The Burst overdrive in particular is one of the more notable models and is somewhat elusive, appearing occasionally on sites like eBay and other secondhand markets. Lovepedal has gained much of their popularity from high-quality, boutique overdrive pedals, and the Eternity Burst is no exception.

Overview

Hand-built in Ohio, the Burst overdrive features 3 knob controls: Volume, Gain, and Treble Cut (or "Glass" as it is labeled). The pedal is very "touch sensitive" and musical, allowing the guitar player to dig in for more grit, or back off for less of it. The controls are built to handle one extreme to the next: the gain can be set from a subtle boost to an all-out clipping distortion; the treble cut can take the tone from warm and fuzzy to bright and chimey; and the volume goes completely from 0 to 100. This pedal covers a wide array of tone, contained in a very simple box.

My Experience

There are few times this pedal is not on when I'm playing electric guitar. This is not because I don't like playing clean, but rather because I can clean up my sound by adjusting the guitar volume or backing off my guitar strings. Some describe this pedal as transparent, but I would disagree. I think the Burst overdrive adds a certain distinct character and fullness to my guitar signal, and I prefer to leave it on for that reason. Specifically, this pedal has a great tone for classic rock and blues, but paired with delays and reverbs it can take the sound to a whole new level. It makes ambient soundscapes sound huge (especially for me, because my guitar has low-output single coil pickups). On its own, it adds just the right amount of crunch for guitar solos, and rhythm sounds too.

Pros and Cons

The Burst overdrive is well built and the controls are very easy to figure out. It is powered by a 9V adapter or a 9V battery, although I prefer the power adaptor. Like many boutique, hand-built effects, you have to unscrew the entire back plate of the unit to replace the 9V battery, so it is much more convenient to use the AC adaptor option. Another important thing to note is the the pedal may need replacement "IC chips" from time to time that snap in and snap out of the pedal circuit. My Burst drive actually "died" on me once, but when I replaced the chip, all was well with the world.

Bottom-Line

Like any overdrive pedal, my opinions about the Lovepedal Eternity Burst are highly subjective. As I have said before, the Burst overdrive is not a transparent pedal. It will noticeably change the character of your sound, but if it's the right sound for you, then you may never want to turn it off.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)
Advertising (Google Ads)
Marketing (Meta Pixel)

On our websites, we use the Meta Pixel. The Meta Pixel is a remarketing pixel implemented on our websites that allows us to target you directly via the Meta Network by serving ads to visitors of our websites when they visit the social networks Facebook and Instagram. The meta pixel are code snippets which are able to identify your browser type via the browser ID - the individual fingerprint of your browser - and to recognise that you have visited our websites and what exactly you have looked at on our websites. When you visit our websites, the pixel establishes a direct connection to Meta's servers. Meta is able to identify you by your browser ID, as this is linked to other data about you stored by Meta on your Facebook or Instagram user account. Meta then delivers individualised ads from us on Facebook or on Instagram that are tailored to your needs.

We ourselves are not in a position to identify you personally via the meta pixel, as apart from your browser ID no other data is stored with us via the pixel.

For more information about the Meta Pixel, the details of data processing via this service and Meta's privacy policy, please visit Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Facebook and Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Instagram.

Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)

Advertising (Google Ads)