or
Create an account

or

Thread Reason 3.0 won't record from midi input

• 9 replies
  • 8 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Reason 3.0 won't record from midi input
Hey I have had this problem recurring with reason3.0. The problem is that I can't record the sequence of notes straight from my keyboard. I can play everything fine in reason like I can press notes on my keyboard and the sound comes through reason and records etc... but when I press the record button and try and record that into the sequencer track it doesn't save it for some reason.... When I go into edit mode and press the keys in the sequencer window whilst it's recording and playing it saves it fine. But when i press notes on my external keyboard it doesn't add any saved notes in there.

I thought it might be a problem with my hardware so I used a virtual midi keyboard and midiyolk drivers to test that theory but it doesn't record with that either.

I have found a solution by rewiring reason into cubase and then using cubase's sequencer and midiyolk to play notes in reason when it's recording but I don't want to have cubase open every time I just want to use reason.

It's sorta annoying that I can't work this out by myself.

Here's what reason looks like when i TRY to record a track.

It's ok I've sorted it out. I forgot to add a generic keyboard into the control surfaces page.... silly me :D
how do i get this to work ive went and installed my midi radium 49 and i cant get it to play!!!! its driving me insane someone please help me!!!!
i cant get my midi to play with reason 3.0 my midi is a radium 49 how do i get it to play???????????
Guys...

I happened to lose 2 song files today. I made an attempt to save the song file using the tool bar instead of the prompt before opening a new song. I am now getting this message when I try and load the song;

This operation could not be completed because of a media related problem.

Can anyone help? Can I send the file and see if you can bring it up on your computer. If so, maybe when you save and send it back it will be restored?

Help!!!!!!

Sean

%1$s a écrit please explain,how u solved the problem.
i do having same problem with Yamaha PSR series Keyboards.

I'm having the same problem too. I even tried installing a demo version to my other computer in case there was a software problem.
I'm using an M-Audio Oxygen8.

Peter
GOT IT TO WORK GO INTO EDIT THEN PREFERENCES..TURN TO MIDI AND MAKE SURE IT HAS A GREEN CHECK MARK...NOW IT SHOULD RECORD..
Okay so I'll post here how to solve this problem.

Go
1. Edit -> Preferences -> Control Surfaces and Keyboards
2. Add a new keyboard like this:

Manufacturer:
Model: Basic MIDI Keyboards
Name: (add any name you want)
MIDI input: Select your correct MIDI input device or use Find

Press OK
If the "Use with Reason" slot is empty, mark it.

Working.
I also have a Yamaha and when I record, perhaps only one note out of 6 will be recorded. The note also sounds "sticky", like it is being held down. I tried what Beathawk suggested, but it made no difference. Is my problem a hardware or software issue? It's driving me nuts!

%1$s a écrit I also have a Yamaha and when I record, perhaps only one note out of 6 will be recorded. The note also sounds "sticky", like it is being held down. I tried what Beathawk suggested, but it made no difference. Is my problem a hardware or software issue? It's driving me nuts!

Turn off Quantanize notes