I use it for 1 year. I have used in the past cassette recorders (Marantz CP430) or minidisc.
I use it for recording studio latin-jazz rehearsals.
I am not an expert on recording and have only amateur needs: I find it easy to use LS14, the sound is very good, including the bass.
Its integration in Windows 7 is very easy.
I regret the paucity of the remote (on stop recording) option and sold at a prohibitive price!
I recommend this recorder
The previous review is excellent and perfectly summarizes the features of this recorder.
I will add some details:
- Having worked with the H2 and H4n Zoom, Olympus I located this largely at the same level of quality. A little more ergonomic side. Olympus worked out its interface. A little less in price level (excluding promo), a bit expensive in relation to Zoom.
- It is not very explicit on the web and on the Olympus website but LS-14 (LS-12 also) also serves as audio card. Just like Zoom, in this mode, the camera is limited to 44.1 khz 16 bit quantization on. For cons, the Olympus offers a "composite" mode which allows both to be in "Audio Card" and "Storage" mode. The contents of the LS-14 is available on your computer (such as a volume).
- Greater readability of the display relative to H2 and H4n, for against the H2n on this subject seems excellent.
- The tuner functions and overdub are friendly for musicians, I appreciate it.
- The battery life is decent, about 8am intensive operation with a pair of NiMH batteries quality.
Having broken my H4n (fatal fall , I left for the Zoom. I knew the Olympus having already "watched" before the acquisition of the deceased Zoom. Deals on a website, reasonable price, I bought the Olympus. No regrets. Good little tool!
I use it for two months.
I wanted to record different environments and
small characters ideas with my acoustic guitars.
Using only multi-track, Zoom H4 and Tascam DP004
to name a few, I decided for the LS14 because
its function "overdubbing."
It is easy to use, easy to read at night thanks to its
eclairé screen, the battery life on two single cells is
incredible (I did not always changed ....)
In the average so that's to say?
Ie it is better for me in sound reproduction
the zoom but you never get the "pro" as
mentioned on the sites that sell it.
A little breath, and you have to spend time to find
the correct settings.
The special "low" middle pickup is a good idea but
it is imperative to use one of the two filters' low cut 100/300 "
when used as ... just too low!
The "automatic" mode supports the surround sound for 10 seconds
and starts after optimizing the settings itself.
This is perfect for outdoor environments but for an instrument I have
not convinced because it grows too gain saturates and rendering.
Talking about the famous "overdubbing" fashion
You can stack as many tracks on one another that
You désirez.Au you get a final mix together all
your tracks, they are inseparable so it is impossible to
swing to the left or right a particular instrument that you
going to do during recording, playing on the investment
Ditto for the effects, if you want to add on the PC, they
will be applied to all tracks.
It's a fun toy, I do not regret this purchase.
If you want an idea, here are two recordings
1 / atmosphere taken by walking into a casino (yes, Las Vegas)
A good point, I hold in my hand and there is no noise