Sound Devices 688 portable recorder
Sound Devices introduces the latest generation of portable mixers and recorders, the 688 with 12 input mixer and 16 track recorder.
- 12 analog inputs: Six mic/line preamps plus six line inputs all with front-panel faders & PFLs.
- 16-track recording to SD & CompactFlash cards; Timecode-stamped WAV & MP3 files
- MixAssist 12-input auto-mixer.
- Optional Accessories: SL-6 power distribution & 6-ch SuperSlot™ wireless receiver system; CL-6 input controller with LED metering & transport controls.
- Both SL-6 and CL-6 can be connected to the 688 at the same time. SL-6 to top panel, CL-6 to bottom panel.
- Eight output buses: L/R mix plus Aux 1-6; transformer-balanced XLR & Hirose outs for freedom from ground loops Two AES42/AES3 inputs, eight AES3 outputs.
- Direct menu control of SuperSlot-compatible wireless (with SL-6).
- PowerSafe protects files from power loss.
- 2-second power on-to-recording.
- Flexible digital mixing and routing.
- Supports all sample rates up to 192kHz.
- Adjustable input & output delay.
- Three camera returns & dedicated COM return.
- Internal & external slate mic inputs.
- Ambient TC generator and reader and internal TC backup battery.
- Easy to navigate interface, 1000-nit LCD visible in all light conditions, configurable metering.
- USB Keyboard for metadata entry.
- User-configurable headphone presets.
- Light-weight, durable carbon-fiber chassis.
- Powered by AA-battery (x5), external DC or NP1 via SL-6.
Full details of the 688 are online at www.sounddevices.com.
Post a comment
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.