Peavey introduced two new mixers to the Peavey XR Series powered-mixer line, the XR 1220 console and rack-mountable XR 1212.
The new XR 1220 and XR 1212 are based on dual 600-watt, class D power amplifiers that can be configured into five operating modes: Left & Right; Left & Right with Subwoofer; Main & Monitor; Main & Monitor with Subwoofer; and Monitor 1 and Monitor 2. The power amps deliver 600 watts to each side in all modes, and those modes with subwoofer option have a built-in fourth-order crossover that sends all frequencies below 100 Hz to the sub.
Each standard channel includes an XLR input and ¼" line input, as well as a ¼" channel insert, gain adjustment, 80 Hz low-cut switch, two monitor sends, EFX send, and low, mid low, high and Peavey’s proprietary Mid-Morph™ equalization controls. Mid-Morph improves the sound no matter which direction the knob is turned, pulling out low-mid frequencies that can muddy the sound when the knob is cut and brightening the upper vocal frequency range when boosted.
The master section features digital nine-band graphic EQ for both output amplifiers, with a built-in Real-Time Analyzer that analyzes the room and sets the EQ curves automatically when a microphone is connected to its XLR input. The master section also includes Peavey’s exclusive Feedback Ferret® digital feedback elimination and a digital effects section that includes a range of reverbs, delays and chorus with preset storage. The dual auto-EQ and Feedback Ferret can be assigned to two outputs—left and right, main and monitor, and monitor 1 and 2.
XR 1220 and XR 1212
- 20 XLR mic channels on XR 1220; 12 XLR mic channels on XR 1212
- Dual 600-watt, lightweight Class D amps (4 ohms)
- Digital nine-band GEQ
- Feedback Ferret® digital feedback elimination
- Four-band EQ on every input channel, including Mid-Morph™ asymmetrical mid control
- Digital EFX processor with tap delay, parallel reverb/delay, user-preset storage
- Two monitor sends
- Real-Time Analyzer with Auto EQ setting
- Dedicated effect return fader
- Two Neutrik® Speakon® combo per amplifier
- 18.4 lbs. for XR 1212; 25 lbs. for XR 2012
Availability & Pricing
Peavey’s new XR Series powered mixers will be available from authorized Peavey retailers in Q2 2009.
U.S. MSRP $999.99 for XR 1212; $1199.99 for XR 1220.
For more info: www.peavey.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] JBL M20 JBL adds the M20, a dual 10" stage monitor, to its VTX M Series.
- [MUSIKMESSE] JBL EON One JBL introduces EON One, a new portable, all-in-one PA system.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Korg Stageman 80 Korg presents the Stageman 80, a sort of mix between a guitar amp, a portable PA system and a groovebox.