Akai MPC2000

MPC2000, Sampling Sequencer from Akai in the MPC series.

• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Akai MPC2000

JimboSpins01/02/2013

JimboSpins's review"Classic"

Akai MPC2000
Classic unit, one of the original MPC's to hit the market. I have been using this model for ever it seems. I recommend purchasing this now because you can get them used at a great price!

Easy to use

Real gritty sound

Love it!

Akai MPC2000
Either my note variation slider is f*cked up or I don't know how to use it. I have done with out it anyway. I wish you could resample samples or sequences onto other pads like the Roland SP-808 (which sucks in my opinion). You can only f*ck with one program at a time which I hate but have learned to work around it. And you can't sample a sound and trigger them with the corresponding notes on a keyboard like the XL can. Doesns't have timestretch either but I use soundforge for that if needed.

Price paid: $750

Very easy to use. Very

Sound is good. You get out what you put in. If you have the efx card you can really get creative as long as you know how to f*ck with the presets.

Very durable. I copped it with a short in the power supply. Went to Home Depot and bought a soldering kit and fixed it myself for only $15. However, I have to fiddle with the 1/4 inch input jacks to record the incoming signal sometimes. I probably just gotta replace the jacks

Love it. That and the Roland VS-1680 are the heart of my set up.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: RonDu (January 2-, 2005)

Akai MPC2000
FEATURES: 16 LEVELS VOLUME/TUNE ARE GREAT, AND THE SLIDER NOTE VARIATION IS UNDERRATED AND MISSUSED IN MOST CASES. ANYTHING MISSING: IT SHOULD HAVE FOUR MIDI OUTPUTS LIKE THE AKAI ROGERLINN MPC3000 AND A USB CONNECTION.. BUT THEY FIXED THESE ISSUES WITH THE MPC2500

$1400.00

HONESTLY I'VE BEEN USING IT SOO LONG THAT MY PERCEPTION IS BIASED. IT'S USER FRIENDLY TO ME..

THE EARLIER LINN MODELS WERE BUILT XTREMELY WELL.. BUT THE LATER MODELS MPC2000-2000XL HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE LCDs..

SOUND QUALITY IS GREAT FOR A 16BIT PROCESSOR. STRONG POINTS: GREAT FOR CREATING DRUM/SAMPLE BEATS. WEAKNESS: TAKES TO MUCH TIME TO LOAD AND FIND DRUMS/SAMPLES.

I AM AN MPBABY! FROM THE MPC60 TO MPC2000XL I'VE HAD A LOVE AFFAIR. THE DRUM JUST BEAT AND THEY HAVE DEPTH AND QUALITY. FROM 12BIT TO 16 BIT THE MPC IS JUST A CLASSIC!

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Rickstylz (January 1-, 2005)

Akai MPC2000
I like the editing on the mpc its the best sampler

$575.00

Very easy you just turn it on press record and play and you got a beat

like I said the best sampler on the market the only thing is after the years you gotta replace the screen

The sound is very good

I dont no how to make beats without it I tryed fl studio and it has no match the the feeling that your are actully making the beat not just copy n paste like in fl studio

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Homicide ( 8-, 2005)

Pretty standard. OK.

750.00

The only thing that's a pain about the MPC is keeping track of stuff by naming everything. the MPC is as easy to use as any drum machine and i like how the sequences are separated into tracks.

Quality is lousy. i had to bring it in to the shop a couple of times already. once for the box not accepting additional memory and once because the buttons were triggering other buttons.

I'm coming from an SP which is 8bit.. so this MPC sounds twice as strong. sometimes it's on the muddy side.. but overall good sound.

Not as much love as the SP1200, but more love than making beats on a computer program. the mpc goes pretty far back and the filtering and amount of available sampling time make it pretty logical for making dope beats.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: dacrunklobsta ( 7-, 2005)

Akai MPC2000
Good features----however effects and 8 outs should come standard. Doesn't make sense 2 own 1 now cuz floppies/zips are obsolete. Get the 1000.

$1,100

A 5th grader could produce on it.

No tilt screen! Weakly made unlike the 3000 and 60! POOR quality but it'll do as long as u aren't dropping it!

Great! No probs.

I loved it---untill the 1000 dropped and I got the motif rack. 2000 is obsolete holmes.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: bhardman ( 6-, 2005)

Akai MPC2000
Great!! Should have had a cd burner compatible slot.

$700

Easy to use.

Quality - Great

Well the sound quality depends mainly on the sounds you put on it. But when you do put sounds on it it has a great play back system.

I just love it!!

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: missdjcoley-cole ( 6-, 2005)

Akai MPC2000
I ONLY WISH MORE INTERNAL MEMORY WAS STANDARD & ZIP INSTEAD OF FLOPPY.

$1,000

IT IS A BREEZE TO USE, WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT IT, IT ONLY TOOK ME 2 DAYS TO COME UP WITH A BANGIN TRACK!!! & THAT WAS ONLY BECAUSE I HAD TO GET MIDI CABLES !!! YEA, I AM MUSICALLY INCLINED BUT I HAD NEVER USED ONE BEFORE.

QUALITY IS AWESOME, IM ABOUT TO GET MINE CUSTOMIZED!!

SOUND IS GREAT!!

SHES ONCE.....TWICE....THREE TIMES A SAMPLER......AND I LOOOOOOOVE HER!!! THIS DRUM MACHINE IS HANDS DOWN A MUST FOR ANY LEVEL MUSICIAN NOVICE TO PROFESSIONAL. I DONT KNOW WHRERE ID BE WITHOUT HER.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: DUCCI ( 5-, 2005)

Akai MPC2000
Mpc2000 is missing the 16 output board but other wise it has everything that a producer needs. excellent 16 pads for drumming.

750.00

I'm still learning something new everyday. i switched from PC production to hardware production and it totally changed my style of producing. ive had my mpc for about a year and i believe i am still improving and learning new tricks

my mpc is second hand and it has crashed on me several times. the SCSI interface is constantly failing and i am now saving my beats on to my PC. my boot disks have been defective even after i create a new one.

Sound quality is great. good attack and delay. the ability to lower frequency and resonance is great. only thing i with my mpc had is teh filter board.

I love this machine. the quality of sound and the swing of the mpc made me fall in love. the 16 pads are excellent for drumming and chopping samples.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: jwon ( 2-, 2004)

Akai MPC2000
Very satisfied with the mpc2000. It's been very good to me.

$1,300

The manual is like all manual, dry. Maybe it's me being to eager to read the manual, lol. This machine is a musical monster once you get the controls and features down. The sequencer is very to use and straight forward. Even upgrading the mpc2000 with new hardware addon was a breeze.

I would trust it at a gig. I never had it quit or lock up and I like that. Very dependable. Oyeah, I forgot the LCD Display burn out on me once and I replaced it myself. Minor thing. Only had to call customer support once to order the new display for the mpc2000. I say it went smooth. The display came to $138 with shipping.

The sound quality is superb. I was able to create some sweet hiphop and house tracks.

Hell yeah, I love this machine. This machine will always be part of my studio. I learn a lot with this machine and if you are lucky to own any MPC model, than you are ahead. I spent a lot of money on gear that, dont measure to a mpc. Now I am a owner of the mpc4000. Thank God for technology.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Unknown (January 0-, 2002)