Audio-Technica AT4041
cola400 cola400
Publié le 01/23/10 à 08:55
Electret cardioid microphone for miking live and studio.
Mainly used in pairs, coupling ORTF under classical music concerts.

I use the microwave for 5 years at least, first with a DAP1 Tascam and Fostex FR2 with IT.
At the time of purchase, I could not compare.
But since I had the opportunity to compare them with KM184, Schoeps of, the Beyerdynamic MC930.
With exprience, I remake this choice: I was looking for decision-making classical music a neutral sound for a reasonable budget.
I found what I needed with these pickups, which are indeed very neutral, precise, and with medium rather specific on treble, and bass that never withdrawn, although the capsule is small. For the chosen application, making his live concert type ORTF, I found the ambience of the rooms. Professional musician, but not soundman mtier, I found with this pair of micro a simple and effective for my recordings, while preserving a level of requirement that all hon.
I now MC930 is a bit warmer and more expensive ...
The quality-price ratio AT4041 Has reasonable time, 300 micro nine, it becomes expensive and now we must examine carefully the competition, or turn to the occasion. But I remain very happy with my choice, professionals who bluff more than once!

Small addition of April 2011: I finally spar with my MC930, and I resumed my AT4041: the MC930 compared taient, true, warm, but their placement more complex and RESULT often smothered a little more like adding hot staining was done at dtriment Aiges harmonics (I'm fltiste). I will try soon to Shure KSM141.