Topic need help setting up a small studio
hi all

i really need some help setting up my studio, the setup i am usin is:

PC with m-audio audiophile 2496 soundcard and fruityloops 6 for sequencer
mackie 1402-vlz pro 14 channel mixing desk
m-audio oxygen 8 midi keyboard
numark m20 monitors
technics 1200 turntables and vestax pcv 275 mixer

basically im havin trouble gettin everything to play through my mixing desk, ive manage to get my decks workin through it but cant get individual samples to run through the channels.
for example when i am makin a track on fruityloops i want to be able to have individual samples playing through each channel, eg. kick through channel 1, percussion thought channel 2, bassline through channel 3 etc.
im fairly new to this so if anyone has got any helpful hints or tips i would be very greatful.

thanx dj hezza
It would seem to me that the 24/96 is the bottleneck. It's a great card, but it only has two channels of I/O. You can run them to seperate channels on the mixer, but that's it.

If you were using a different program, like Cakewalk, it has a mixer built in and you could control individual channels from there.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
had a feeling a bigger better soundcard would be needed but thought id ask.

thanx for the reply
Well now, hang on....

Depends on exactly how you wanna work. Why do you want to mix in the analog realm? What I'm saying is that if you had some other software (like cakewalk or cubase), you could lay the tracks down one or two at a time with you existing gear, and mix the tracks using the mixing capabilities of the software.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD