API Vision plug-in included in UAD 7.3
Universal Audio released the UAD Software v7.3, which includes the new API Vision Channel Strip Plug-in for UAD-2 and Apollo.
The API Vision Channel Strip Plug-in for UAD powered platform is a recreation of the legendary API mixing console channel strip, including the custom 2520 API op-amp and transformers with circuit non linearities. It features five modules :
- 212L microphone preamplifier
- 215L high-low cut filters
- 235L gate/expander
- 225L compressor/limiter
- 550L 4-band EQ
The plug-in allows for recording in real time via Apollow interfaces and/or mixing workflows via UAD-2 hardware. It also includes more than 70 artist presets from Joe Chicarrelli, Neil Dorfsman, David Isaac, Nathaniel Kunkel and John Paterno.
The API Vision Channel Strip Plug-in is available for purchase for $299 as part of the new UAD Software v7.3, which also adds restored mono versions of UAD plug-ins and now supports Cubase 7, Nuendo 6 and Logic Pro X. More details about this update at www.uaudio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.