All user reviews for the Fender Super 112
|4 reviews||80 %|
|1 user review||20 %|
littlelainlain's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
- 2 channels (bright and saturated) switchable with a footswitch, 2 push-pull on volume (bright) and presence (notch), the first thins the sound, the second builds medium and a gain on 2 this gives the blues hoarse terrible.
- The tone control knobs with 3 common to the two channels is therefore the best fit for the two channels. for me the ideal is to make about six mid and treble, and bass for the 6 Start 'single coil or 4.5 for a Les Paul (this amp sends many serious hp with its 12-inch with gibson bass must be removed if the ears are suffering). For reverb, the sound is beautiful and breathless, but it is not selectable by footswitch so the amp is fixed: I recommend the rule on 2 or 3 max if the sound is too present in rhythm and loses accuracy.
So just to regret the non-independent EQ for both channels and non switchable reverb, but the sound is always great.
There was the sound all the time, choose the channel gain saturated and associate or push-pull and brignt notch. I recommend turning the notch with a gain of about 2 for a blues sound terrible, or if you want sound you have to go very saturated gain above 4 and eliminate the notch to clear up the sound: its very rock. with my lamp Sovtek preamp I can get the highest gain to 7 and then we get a sound like Overd very hard rock that will require a humbucker to avoid drooling as with single-coils.
- No manual
- The fender clean sound very nice, the blues crunch sound very warm and low gain dist: it suits my style rock, blues, metal former (just add a pedal to metal distortion type area but I would prefer the overdrive warmer.
- Start 'or les paul sound is terrible. For blues I recommend a les paul with a more grainy and sharp attack which is consistent with the setting "blues" that I explained above.
- Clear the fender myhique his beautiful blues, distorted sounds highly compressed that I've never heard before on the model "twin".
- I like all the sounds of this amp as long as you settle the equalization.
- I bought it new in 1992, I never will sell
- Ideal amp for sound, in studio, rehearsal or at home at low volume.
on the other hand, concerts to the HP 112 reduces the noise level so it mounts the volume to max 5 4 because then the HP is full, and with the vibrations generated are quickly damaged lamps that do not like being tossed hot: in 1994 I made some with and Repeat ', and as I do not like the sound starts to breathe or loses compression and clarity, it takes an annual lamp change.
- Excellent quality price ... Rapporteur to seek to force a tight budget, I bought it in 4500 francs in Pigalle ... a deal for the top nine.
- Without hesitation I will redeem this amp. it'll be another in the same quality but with 2 or 4 hp for concerts, for my JCM 800 lack of beauty in her clear, and my Fender "The Twin" lack of saturation on the lead channel.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
Jofree's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
It's all lamp with, from memory, 4 * 12AX7 in prémplification, 2 * 6L6GC power and a speaker Celestion 12 ".
- What is the power delivered?
60 Watts RMS so much that it severely deposit.
- What connection?
While there, I have more exact details, see other reviews.
J'dirai, again from memory, 8 Ohm Speaker Out, Line Out, Power Amp In, Pre Amp Out, Send, Return.
- What are the settings, the effects?
2 inputs, Volume (clean) + Push-Pull Bright Channel switch, Gain, Volume (Drive), Treb, Mid, Bass, Reverb, Presence + push-pull inverter tone, In Footswitch, Standby Switch, Power Switch, Lamp witness.
- The configuration is it simple?
Could not be more simple or too simple, perhaps in terms of the equalization policy.
- Gets it easy to sound good?
No worries on that side. Can not get a bad sound of this amp. Y'en we may not like but the sound is definitely very good.
- The manual is clear and sufficient?
J'me not recall having seen a ...
- Will it fit your style of music?
Yep, no problem to play the Blues that spot or mixed with Rock and / or Jazz, it goes by itself.
- With what (s) guitar (s) / low (s) or effect (s) do you play?
Has been played with the Fender Start, Gibson Les Paul & Framus.
- What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "bold ",....)?
To you to try because obviously it depends on your instrument, the violin, microphones, etc ...
- What are the sounds you prefer, you hate?
Basically, there are only a very good sound out of this amp.
Plus: The overall tone of the amp as well as clear sound with the knob from 3 (with or without the activated Bright) and drive mode with the gain to 5. Afterwards, just adjust the EQ, presence and reverb to be stuck for hours. This is also simple and without excess.
The least: the equalization and joint Drive pushed to the max ... it history quibble a bit.
- How long have you use it?
Unfortunately, I sold it in 99. I bought it in 1992 and I used it extensively at both low and high-volume records as well as Rock Blues & Jazz.
- What is so special that you like most and least?
From clean to crunch, it's wonderful. The use of EQ and presence is remarkably effective.
- Have you tried many other models before buying it?
Nan at the time I had to try 3 or 4 tube amps. Super 112 Beh me literally glued to the test.
- How would you rate the quality / price?
J'l'avais paid 5200 FF 92. Listening to this performance, power and sonority, j'dirai I'm missing a lot.
- With experience, you do again this choice?
No problems if I lived in a house with neighbors more than 500 meters. I had the opportunity to do an outdoor concert with the Super 112 and no need to return, I was 3-4 feet in front of the amp with the volume to 5 and I knocked the poor listeners for 1 hour.
In other words, like any good tube amp, it will reach its quintessential sound with a volume positioned at least 3. Hello neighbors!
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
h3fix's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Between two bright and one standard (really a difference of power and sound)
Two channels one clean and saturated with (hard drive ...) an equalization policy.
Two push-pull of a presence (Jore of potentiometer) and the volume of clean, pull the spush achieves an even more bright.
Standart configuration even though I still find the effects loop (which appears he has a yen)
7 for joint equalization
Nothing more simple you touch the knobs and two minutes was a huge clean sound. Active equalization (if you turn the knobs to zero you do not have sound) allows adjustment really prcis (you turn a knob and you hear the difference. The only problem is that it takes a little search to obtain a sound corresponding to the distortion common with the equalization clean. Let me explain the distortion channel does not have its own equalization was a common equalization (I stress a lot but it's boring in the beginning) which means settled that when the light was his fiddle and it goes into the distortion and the battle is all ugly ..... I mean by that is set to channel distortion and then back on the clean sound and so on until a good compromise between two channels els. Voila independently but good channels are really good.
I jous mainly rock and I already have a jcm 800 so I can compare the two amp. I jou a telecaster and no messing about jcm 800 (I know what I mean) the sound is limited caraille, attention is authentic and it's roots rock n roll but c'e (ts frankly not nice. the sound of the marshall distortion ets he has my love but it's not the amp that is spoken here. From the point of view the clear / clean sound els between the two fender amps Aoccdrnig to win me it offers a greater range of its Alant sound rough and polished to a soft, fat really great in bright sonn. disto by the cons without being frankly degeulasse (as 70% of the fender) is how to say, a lot of low !!!!!! Hh indeed it is really good and fill filled with hormones, ca drool STRID but it was a style that I like my These and edge ( telecaster what ...) So I prefer that of the marshall but again it was really a matter of style. auytant On adding more than a foot of equalization was simultaneously activated the channel distortion is quite controllable but I REQUESTS branch of the amp directly to the guitar and footswitch. a foot auxiliary distortion is therefore seen with a small pedal of equalization plus it was deadly ... I put 10 becaufe be no messing around I got a 500 euro ca overwritten or a classic 50 classic 30 that costs the same price to see OCCAZ (I speak for classqiue 50)
I am quite happy with this amp. I got a 500 euros OCCAZ with new lamps and a new state and sincerely I would do everything els day that choice. It gives me a really cool alternative to marshall and they complettent perfectly (I will soon try to plug in stereo Nothing working) I try to nombrteux rivera amp from 32 to 50 peavey classic. It is and I repeat TOUSDES GOOD AMPS! It is only a matter of taste. But the fender ets parafaitement be very smooth in my style (rock) I've seen friends and jazz blues funkyman jous over they were very happy that explains its great Polivalente good and then when it was due the same feneder . To test urgently if you find one yet.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
metty's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Conventional configuration! This gives a really good sound, I would say, unmatched by any transistors!
The sound and power of this amp is really beautiful! It has a clarity and beauty of sound on the clean channel, as one can get a big fat well pchu on channel distortion!
I play with a Fender Stratocaster on it and I've never had sound problems, no dception, nothing! This amp is a real bomb power! Level 2 of the channel distortion, you're already screaming your neighbors! Basically, the sound is GREAT!
I use it for a year but the amp has 10 years and is still in great shape! It PSE quite heavy, + - 32 kg, so it is best to add small wheels!
If you still find this amp on the market Do not hesitate!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
TuXi's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
The big snag c that he has only 2 channels are not separated for the equalization: '(
by against the push / pull on the presence ... gives a sound that Fender has ever reproduced on these amps.
c I think a fairly special. This push / pull increases the medium of the amplifier for the transformed simply by BEAST OF THE BLUES! and I weigh my words in this DDIs.
any lamp, it is full of sounds. c really impressive. and its more than the fender estr. it is bleuffant. even the cyber deluxe can not have his ankle. and besides this amp deserves to be known and rediscovered ... Finally, for those who arrive as I was to find a
Fender must love the sound and at the same time I never heard a distortion like that of a fender (pull mode) hard ca
very low not obvious to solve. you need a good clean guitar. but it rings!
He broke down when I bought it. the volume knob of his clear influence on the volume of the channel full. he stayed down a year. I thank at least one person who helped me out of the US. I'd be grateful for years (long live internet)
and now it runs smoothly
3 of 3 people found this review helpful