Peavey Classic 30 [2005-2012]
Peavey Classic 30 [2005-2012]

Classic 30 [2005-2012], Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Peavey in the Classic series.

Marc65 10/12/2013

Peavey Classic 30 [2005-2012] : Marc65's user review

«  Very good small investment »

Amp lamps 3X 4X EL84 12AX7AC5et on mine is the EHX.
30 watts (lamp)
1 input jack
One loop effect (here it is remarkable that EFXret can use line out)
1 output back Extension Speaker
1 back entrance Foot Switch (FSW generic Thomann does a very good job)
1 Boost (which I never used)
1 spring reverb with knob on top of the amp.
1 button to change channels: Clean / saturated.
1 bass middle treble setting (for 2 channels simultaneously)
Speaker 1 112 Blue Marvel (which is fine).

Simple configuration, there is no need to book.

It should be quite what I did and what I've done before.
I had the two models ie, one that is no longer present and I have nothing to say about the differences in sound or use.
The single coils have good cleans and super hot saturations.
Double too. this is not the best clean I've used, but really there is nothing to say except that for the price this opportunity is very strong in versatility and reliability on guitars, sound is good. (I had other amps: Mesa, Twin Reverb, Classic 50).
I play with a double Bob Hamer. for a style of music latin rock years 70-90 ==> it sends, no need to pedal saturation, and digital effects, and nothing has really presence, which is essential when playing with 2 sets of percussion drummer, bass, keyboards and vocals.
I also use it with an Ibanez Jazz, he is doing very well, the vibration of the lamp means a little low volume, but hey, you also hear those of Wes Montgomery recordings on ahaha ...

I think I know this amp since it came ie early 90s.
As mentioned earlier I used other amps, the çi me be quite
for groups and situations of current Thurs
It is very versatile and adapts well to sound very different guitars, but maybe he should have a pretty good microphones, yeah.
Level value for money, I do not know better.
I just want to say that he is not looking for the best amp in the world but to find what you need, I played on Twin Reverb, mesa boogie dc5 combo, classic 50 and really I can say for Budget ==> the top. But to say that it is very good value for money, is not enough: it is a + good tube amp.
You hear the pair Hamer (seymour duncan) + Peavey classic 30 here: http://europatribute.tumblr.com/