Vox AC15CC1
Vox AC15CC1

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Vox belonging to the Custom Classic series.

iamqman iamqman
Publié le 04/12/11 à 09:07
Much like its older and more sophisticated brother the Vox Ac30 the Ac15 packs a nice punch as well. The Vox AC15 has a fantastic tone similar to the Ac30 but with only one speaker. You will have all the great features and tone, but it will come in a much smaller compact size.

I think of the Vox Ac15 as a little practice amp that can do all the same tricks the Vox AC30 can do. I don't find the AC30 to be very difficult to carry around so this wouldn't be a reason that I would ever buy an AC15. I wouldn't need to lighten my load, but I find that Ac15 is a more suitable backup amp or recording amp. Since many studio have limited room I think the Ac15 would accompany that type of situation quite well. This is just my personal opinion and doesn't reflect anything from Vox. I just think the Ac30 is the perfect pop and mild rock amp in the world and cutting the speaker and output in half is kind of pointless.

Vox AC15 Custom 15-watt Guitar Amplifier Features at a Glance:

* Output power: 15 watts RMS into 16 ohms
* Speaker: 1 x 12" 16 ohm Celestion G12M Greenback
* Inputs: Normal input jack, Top Boost input jack, Footswitch jack
* Outputs: External loudspeaker jack, Extension loudspeaker jack
* Options: VFS2A Footswitch
* 1 x 12" Celestion G12M Greenback
* Dimensions (W x D x H): 23.70" x 10.43" x 17.95"
* Weight: 48.5 lbs.

The Vox AC15 sounds just as good as the Ac30. The benefits you have is cranking the thing up to get distortion is a little easier since it is half the wattage. It is smaller and portable which fits nicely in small spaces.

So if you have ever heard the Ac30 then you will know what the Ac15 sounds like. Everything you would do with the Ac30 you would do with this amp. Same guitars, same effects and distortion pedals, and pretty much the same type of music. It accepts pedals very well and sounds great cranked up!

I'm more of an Ac30 guy so I would never buy an Ac15. The quality and features are all the same. You just get a smaller cabinet and one less speaker. Well you get two less power tubes as well

I would recommend this amp to anyone who needs a smaller version of the Vox Ac30. At new it comes in at around $600 which is a decent price for something like this. A nice tube amp that sounds very classic. The only bummer about this amp is...its made in China!