Simply one of the best sounding amplifiers in the world. Nothing in the world sounds like a Vox AC30 or AC15. Certainly there are some clones but very few. Some of them are able to capture the authentication of the original amps, but most of them really don't grab the tonal qualities of this amplifier.
ONe of the great things about the Vox amps is there brilliant way to drive the power section of the amp. They get a singing sustain that Marshall, Hiwatt, or even Orange are not able to replicate. They have their own unique highly overdriven power section.
* 30-watt, 2x12" combo guitar amplifier
* Two channels with independent volume controls — Normal and Top Boost
* Reverb and Tremolo effects onboard (controllable via optional footswitch)
* Master volume section with Tone Cut and Volume controls
* True bypass effects loop for bringing in your own pedals
* Switchable 8-/16-ohm output jack for external speakers (mutes internal speakers)
* 16-ohm output jack for running a cabinet along with the internal speakers
* Features two 12" 8-ohm Celestion G12M Greenback speakers
* Uses 3 x 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 x EL84 power tubes
Number of Channels 2
Speakers 2 x 12" Celestion G12M Greenback
EQ Treble, Bass
No Amp Modeling
Number of Tubes 7
Preamp Tubes 3 x 12AX7
Power Tubes 4 EL84
Inputs 2 x Instrument (Ch 1), 2 x Instrument (Ch 2)
Outputs 2 x Speaker
Weight 70.99 lbs.
These amps have a great ability to take pedals extrememly well. Thye are able to sound authentic even with a solid state distortion pedal in front of the amp. The delay pedals are extremely warm and very musical in this amp. Especially when you use a pedal like a Ibanez tubescreamer TS9. This amp works exceptionally well with that pedal.
I like the amp with just about any guitar you throw at it. I especially like it when I use the Gibson Les Paul or a Fender Stratocaster. You can get a nice beefy tone with the Les Paul and a smooth articulate tone with the Fender Strat. Either one will sound different but workable for just about any type of music.
One of this most unique amplifiers in the world. They are immediately recognizable when you see them with their black tolex and criss cross brown grille cloth. Everyone knows Vox when they see one. The tone is also a unique quality that no other amplifier sounds can replicate.
I would recommend this amp to anyone who needs a good hard working amp that will support your guitar playing from night to night. Or even a recording producer that needs to add to his tonal arsenal with some British flavored low wattage amplifiers.