Rivera is known for making some budget friendly components and amps that are affordable for most musicians. These amps have a nice versatility to them that gives them an edge over many other manufacturers. This amp features El34 power tubes and an assortment of preamp tubes. This is a two channel amp that has a load of bottom end tone that is more like a Randall amp or even a Mesa Boogie amps. This features a decent clean channel and which Rivera is more know for than a mega high gain amp.
* 120 Watts RMS of luscious EL-34 Tube power
* 2 Independent Channels powered by 5 12AX7 Tubes
* 3 band passive interactive tone controls on each channel
* Most high gain lead channel we have ever offered, sustain for years, packed with thunderous bottom end-totally controllable with our new and patent pending Foundation™ control
* Clean Channel with massive headroom and dynamic range
* New totally adjustable serial effects loop with hard wire bypass and footswitchable
* Rugged Rivera® construction, with military and audiophile grade components, oversize transformers, and most of all, built to last
* 3 function footswitch included
I have always liked a Rivera amp for the clean tones. They are not quite Fender clean tones but more towards a nice British style clean tone. It has a sweet chimy tone that makes clean tones more fun to play. The nice sparkling clean is nice even with a good overdrive or another effect in front of the amp. The distortion channel is a mega high gain distortion channel. It has a nice big range of distortion with a load of saturation on tap. You can get everything from classic rock all the way up to a modern metal type tone. You can get a good lead tone as well.
These amps are no longer being made so the used market is the only way to go. I have no idea what they get for the used price of one of these amps. Rivera has some cool amps ad this one is cool but not a game changer amp of any kind. You can find these tones and this versatile options in a lot of other amps. This is not a amp that is something special but something that will do.
impossible to have a bad sound, not even need the manual so the config is simple.
perfect for my style.
The clean channel delivers the sound of fender twin vox ac 30
for channel distortion, it is a celebration, I play the slipknot and pantera above ... but with a Start, lowering the gain, we can approach SRV.
I am stupid for 1 year, I love above all, it's simple and it sounds hellish.
I tried stuff like marshall, boogie, krank to play metal ... there's no better, and is also excellent for rock.
if I did steal this head, I bought it right away!
it's pro stuff, there's only to see the list on the site zicos rivera