VSL Updates Vienna Ensemble Pro & Suuite
VSL has released updates for Vienna Ensemble Pro (v4.0.5436) and Vienna Suite (v1.2.1455).
Changes in VE Pro v4.0.5436:
- Some small optimizations to per channel audio processing.
- Ensuring VE Pro Server window is on top after saving or loading a metaframe.
- Only allow connections with the same version of VE Pro installed on master and slave computers.
- Added a warning message in the VE Pro Server Interface when the connection fails.
- Improved default window size of server instances to fit the Vienna Instruments GUI.
- Changed network MIDI input port names from "Plugin MIDI In" to more descriptive "VE Pro Plugin MIDI In".
- Fixed zipper noises when moving send sliders.
- Complete rewrite of server advertisement and discovery, fixing several unreliabilities.
- Ensuring VE Pro Project (*.viframe) window geometry is properly retained at all times (restoring position and size).
- Properly ensuring user cannot quit or interact while saving, loading or showing a modal dialog.
- Added ability to forcibly disconnect instances in case of an emergency.
- Fixed potential freeze bug.
- Doubleclicking a *.viframe32/64 now reliably opens VE Pro standalone.
- Improved responsiveness of server discovery during heavy usage.
- Fixed bug that prevented GUI-less (older) VST plug-in presets to load.
- Fixed occasional hang when starting VE Pro Standalone/Server after a fresh boot.
- Fixed possible crash on exit.
- OS X: Properly fixed inability to install an older version after uninstalling this version.
- OS X: Fixed Directory Manager icon and version information.
- OS X: Fixed crash when changing channel color.
- OS X: Fixed "delete" key deleting the channel while editing the channel name.
- OS X RTAS; Fixed VE Pro Server Interface view mouse events occurring in the wrong place on Pro Tools HD.
- OS X AU: Fixed VE Pro Server Interface AU Cocoa view hogging keyboard focus.
- OS X AU: Improved window activation behavior and increased overall stability of Carbon AU plugin view hosting significantly.
- OS X AU: Fixed freeze bug when loading/saving presets in Korg Legacy Editions.
- OS X AU: Fixed inability to interact with 3rd party AU dialogs that pop up during loading.
- OS X AU: Improved dynamic latency compensation behavior.
- OS X VST:Possibly fixed rare crash when closing Server Interface window in Cubase.
- WIN VST3&RTAS: Fixed VE Pro Server Interface view hogging keyboard focus.
- WIN: Directory Manager can now also be started by non-administrators with administrator rights.
Changes in Vienna Suite v1.2.1455:
- Fixed missing reset calls in compressor sidechain filters.
- OS X / Logic: Fixed convolution reverb tail playing back before regions when starting / stopping playback in Logic.
- OS X / Logic: Fixed bug that could cause clicks before audio region starts in Logic.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Zenhiser Pro Audio Drum & Bass Construktion Kit The Drum & Bass Construktion Kit is the sixth release to hit the construction kit shelves of Zenhiser.
- Image Line Updates Drumaxx Image Line has updated Drumaxx to v1.1.1.
- Abbey Road Plug-ins RS124 Compressor Abbey Road Plug-ins has announced the release of the RS124 Compressor, a new plug-in designed to provide emulations of three original RS124 hardware units from Abbey Road's outboard collection, bringing the sound, look and functionality of the audio equipment to major Mac OS X and Windows DAW systems.